Florida-South Florida

Outdoor Venues (Non-Beach)

I live in Broward County so there is not a lot to choose from in way of outdoor park/garden like venues. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew of any venues that had a big oak tree that you could be married under? I want to try and stay in broward county but dade and palm beach county would be fine

Re: Outdoor Venues (Non-Beach)

• Look into Fern Forest Nature Center or Long Key Nature Center. Also, in Miami Dade there's Matheson Hammock Park, that has an oak tree setting like the one in your picture. 
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • Hlllcrest country club in Hollywood. 
  • Ancient Spanish Monastery- North Miami Beach
  • Try Flamingo Gardens in Davie ... I believe they still have at least one ...

Check out this link -- http://www.theknot.com/weddings/album/shiloh-and-eric-a-garden-wedding-in-davie-fl-24811

This was the first wedding I did when I first got into the whole wedding planning thing... long before I became a bride-to-be

note: i am NOT advertising my services - this post simply reminded me of this wedding and is asking for a venue - I am showing her the venue through pictures of a wedding I HAPPENED to be a part of.
  • Try The Addison in Boca Raton
  • The Long Key Nature Center most DEFINATLY has the big oaks your looking for, only downside is all county parks prohibit liqour and you must use venders off of their list. Good luck and happy hunting!
  • Thallata estate or the Curtiss Mansion.
  • Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm adding these places to my list now. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_outdoor-venues-non-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:35042b77-f932-49c2-ba2c-c8b095e9ba15Post:7a97b532-ac14-4bf7-8c82-0cecc8a2b854">Re: Outdoor Venues (Non-Beach)</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Long Key Nature Center most DEFINATLY has the big oaks your looking for, only downside is all county parks prohibit liqour and you must use venders off of their list. Good luck and happy hunting!
    Posted by mebefitz[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thats fine it would only be for the ceremony. The reception will be somewhere else nearby. 

</div>
  • In Broward County, there is Tree Tops Park.  Hillcrest also has a big beautiful tree.  We were looking there, but they were booked on our date.  For what it is worth, the Addison is CRAZY expensive, but beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards