Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Iowa State Fair Grounds - Walnut Center

I was looking at the Walnut Center for a possible Reception Site. Has anyone been there for a wedding reception, or had theirs there? I went to 1 there, but it was kind of a quickie wedding so there were no decorations or anything.

I was thinking because it's such and open area you could do some really nice things. But I wanted to see other people opinions because I am not really a country type girl at all! hehe

As always Thanks for the Help!!!
Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
Anniversary
Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero

Re: Iowa State Fair Grounds - Walnut Center

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a good idea.  However, it may echo a lot; that's something to think about, especially if you are going to have music.  I've been to several h.s. dances in gyms and a wedding in a big open space like the walnut center; it was hard to understand music unless you were right next to it.  Just something to think about.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work out at the fairgrounds.  The walnut center gets used alot for receptions!  You can make it beautiful or keep it very low key.  Just keep in mind that if you plan to cater it the state fair gets 15% of the catering costs and you have to hire Des Moines Police Officers if you are planning on serving alcohol.
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, Thanks for the Info, I didn't know about the 15% I will have to keep that in mind!!!

Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards