Virginia
Options

How much are you paying for photography?

Hey Everyone! Just wondering how much you all are paying for photography in the area and what you are getting for it?! I am looking in the Hampton Roads (VB/Norfolk) area...

Re: How much are you paying for photography?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We paid $3900 for our wedding 6 months ago.  It included an engagement or bridal portrait session; full day wedding coverage with 2 photogs and a disk with copyright of all (about 600) edited images from the wedding day. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I beleive I saw on another board that you used Scott Hayne. He is in our top two and we are trying to make a decision soon. Were you completely satisfied?? he really captured the event like you wanted? I have no doubt he is a great photographer I just don't want ALL artsy photoshopped photos. I have looked through two full wedding collections and their books all of which were great. Worth every price?? They aren't cheap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're quite lucky that I have a friend who is only charging me 500 dollars for a weekend's worth of her time and services. She lives in North Carolina so we haven't been able to do e pics yet, and if we do them at all we may just go with someone local.
  • Options
    SmooPookieSmooPookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is $4300 but well worth it because he is incredibly talented...unlimited time all day, two photogs, engagement sessions, DVD and 4 clean large wall framed photos of our choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Scott, Hunter & Adina were amazing!  We had no regrets and not a single disappointment.  The only artsy shots are really the ones you see on the blog, some of the detail shots and a couple of formals were made "artsy."  The rest are just really amazing pictures to capture every important event on the big day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we used bert reed photography. he is based out of NC but did not charge to travel. this included bridal portrait session, photo "book" oh 100 images, full-day wedding coverage and CDs/rights to all the pics. His pics were amazing.
  • Options
    lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went super cheap and are paying $700 for 6 hours of service on the wedding day, 20 page photo book, CD and rights to all the photos. We are using Prints Charming Photography (based in Newport News). I am also spending $100 for a 1 hour shoot for my bridal portraits where I get the CD and rights. She was running a special which it why it was so cheap, but she might still be doing it. Her website is photova.com.
  • Options
    courtnikocourtniko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are spending $2000, 2 photographers, all day, plus an engagement session.  We get all the immages as well as an album.  We will probably order more after that though.

http://kndprophoto.com/

We really like them, they seem really easy to work with, and I really like their photos!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying $1250 for 2 photographers, all day coverage, & rights to my photos. I'm using Ashley Barnett - (www.jarnettphotography.com). She has GREAT work - & she's out of the Newport News area. I definitely recommend her! She also has a page on Fan Page on Facebook.

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • Options
    anastasia80anastasia80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Ferry Huang Photography:

http://www.ferryhuangphotography.com

Most basic package starts at $800.  I love his pics and he's very affordable.  Good luck!
  • Options
    PhotobellaPhotobella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure yet, but it'll probley be in the 1500 range. Brain did a shoot for us a couple months ago and Im in love with his work.

http://www.thirtythreephotography.com/
  • Options
    Mrs. J.SmithMrs. J.Smith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used www.just4uweddingservices.com for my photographer.

I like him because he doesn't photo shop every picture, which would take the natural essence away.

If you're a bride on a budget-go to him, he charges $100 by the hour but for e-sessions, photo albums, photo montage, etc...all that is separate payment, but he also offers packages where you can get a lot of prints. I chose a 5hr.package that covered 1 hr. pre-ceremony, 1 hr. ceremony, 30 min. group photos after ceremony and the rest of coverage for the reception which was less than $800.00 and we got back 100 beautiful photos, that really told the event. They even threw in some extra stuff-which was pretty thoughtful- I dunno I liked them.
  • Options
    mking023mking023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Ramone with InFocus Photography. He and his wife are awesome. They just did our engagement photos and we had so much fun. Our package is $1500. But he has different ones based on what all you want! His website is www.infocuspi.com.
  • Options
    burnsbabyburnsbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "I love you.. even when you're sick and look disgusting!" -Love Actually
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    vbbride2010vbbride2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CHECK OUT www.valeriedemophotography.com

One of her main points is that she is affordable, but the pictures are AMAZING!
    I actually found her on here via a friend's username earlier in the year from a recommendation on this board. She is perfect!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    April Renee Photography

www.aprilrenee.com

She just moved here from OH & has great ,low prices to build client's here in VA! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards