Interracial Weddings
Options

How is everyone doing! Check in

How are all the plans coming along? Anything new to report?
\Not much here. We have 11 months left so its time to pick up the pace over here.lol
" he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: How is everyone doing! Check in

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm pretty much done with all the planning. I just have to:
    -Fill our favor boxes with hershey kisses
    -Get Hair, nails done on Friday.. and that's about it.
    -Decorate chuch and have rehearsal
    -Get married on Saturday!! =]

Last few days I have left before the wedding, will be spent packing up all my stuff to move into the apartment and packing for the honeymoon. =]

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! you are so close. Looks like you are all set. Enjoy your week!
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_everyone-doing-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:9a34b7d5-b099-4def-b15f-1bb9205d9021Post:131ddcce-e125-43d6-be19-89b312f942ad">Re: How is everyone doing! Check in</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! you are so close. Looks like you are all set. Enjoy your week!
    Posted by mrswac58[/QUOTE]
    Thank you! :) How are your wedding plans coming along?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Twinkles, it sounds like you have a lot going on this week.  Knottie vibes that it'll all happen smoothly :-).

Everything's going well here.  My FI FINALLY booked the photography and DJ, and I'm taking care of ceremony chairs this week.  So we have just about all of our ducks in a row now with less than three months until the wedding.  I'm quite relieved!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FInal payments have been made to most vendors -- the venue doesn't require a final payment until a couple of days before the wedding.

We mailed invitations on Friday and have received our first replies, including two "add-on" kids (FI's 2 great nieces).  While it was not our intent to have them at the wedding, its perfectly fine.  The more, the merrier!  Hopefully, though, no one else will pull that stunt. *fingers crossed*

Weird stuff going on with the florist.  The woman handling our wedding left the place months ago so we gained a new contact.  I sat down with her a few months ago, reviewed our vision, etc.  Yesterday, I received a call (response to a voice mail I left on Friday) from the first person, who has apparently returned.  I was SO confused.  Still am!

We picked up the license and finalized cake details on Friday.  The only thing left is our single DIY project, making this table assignment display (ours won't be this big, only 2 windows, but you get the idea):

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_everyone-doing-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:9a34b7d5-b099-4def-b15f-1bb9205d9021Post:9872a752-505d-41fb-a207-d5517131f1ac">Re: How is everyone doing! Check in</a>:
    [QUOTE]Twinkles, it sounds like you have a lot going on this week.  Knottie vibes that it'll all happen smoothly :-). Everything's going well here.  My FI FINALLY booked the photography and DJ, and I'm taking care of ceremony chairs this week.  So we have just about all of our ducks in a row now with less than three months until the wedding.  I'm quite relieved!
    Posted by marinabreeze[/QUOTE]
    Thanks! :) Sounds like you and your FI are checking lots of things off your list. That's awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_everyone-doing-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:9a34b7d5-b099-4def-b15f-1bb9205d9021Post:03a11f2f-2d39-4c39-9e02-dfc50b983051">Re: How is everyone doing! Check in</a>:
    [QUOTE]FInal payments have been made to most vendors -- the venue doesn't require a final payment until a couple of days before the wedding. We mailed invitations on Friday and have received our first replies, including two "add-on" kids (FI's 2 great nieces).  While it was not our intent to have them at the wedding, its perfectly fine.  The more, the merrier!  Hopefully, though, no one else will pull that stunt. *fingers crossed* Weird stuff going on with the florist.  The woman handling our wedding left the place months ago so we gained a new contact.  I sat down with her a few months ago, reviewed our vision, etc.  Yesterday, I received a call (response to a voice mail I left on Friday) from the first person, who has apparently returned.  I was SO confused.  Still am! We picked up the license and finalized cake details on Friday.  <strong>The only thing left is our single DIY project, making this table assignment display (ours won't be this big, only 2 windows, but you get the idea):  
    </strong>Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

Love it! Very very pretty!
    Besides the confusing thing going on with your florist, sounds like things are going well. =]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Twinkle you are so so close!!! Nervous yet????

Two months to go and most of our vendors are paid.  My boudoir shoot for hubby is this weekend as is our final tasting.  I am supposed to be picking out fabric for the table clothes Saturday.  Give me taffeta or give me death :) I need to go find a veil BBBBBUUUUUUUTTTTT still not sure if I want to wear one... Let's see, my dress is still not back and I am getting anxious :(  as long as it is back by June I should be fine to get it altered right? There still seems like there is a lot to do and not enough time to do it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_everyone-doing-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:9a34b7d5-b099-4def-b15f-1bb9205d9021Post:49e60d15-540d-447b-a7cf-ee8e150361c4">Re: How is everyone doing! Check in</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Oh Twinkle you are so so close!!! Nervous yet????</strong> Two months to go and most of our vendors are paid.  My boudoir shoot for hubby is this weekend as is our final tasting.  I am supposed to be picking out fabric for the table clothes Saturday.  Give me taffeta or give me death :) I need to go find a veil BBBBBUUUUUUUTTTTT still not sure if I want to wear one... Let's see, my dress is still not back and I am getting anxious :(  <strong>as long as it is back by June I should be fine to get it altered right?</strong> There still seems like there is a lot to do and not enough time to do it. 
    Posted by bbrown185[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I'm very nervous as well as excited! I'm shy and It just makes me nervous thinking about how everyone is going to stare at me, but I'll get over it.

Yeah, you should be fine as far as alterations are concerned. I had my first fitting towards the end of April and then had my 2nd and last fitting on the 11th of May. So there should be enough time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have our venue booked. It includes all basic needs including tables, chairs, linens and catering. We are searching for photog, video, dj and floral now. On the other side of things, we have a guest list and starting to finalize that. We have colors and thematic element so now trying to find ways to incorporate all these things into the wedding. I have to more people that I need to ask to be BM. Couldn't get a hold of them this weekend but they live together so I'll knock em both out this week. I'm excited to get more checks.
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_everyone-doing-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:9a34b7d5-b099-4def-b15f-1bb9205d9021Post:00eeb7d8-fc57-41ac-a9ce-419acef9a76c">Re: How is everyone doing! Check in</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty much done with all the planning. I just have to: -Fill our favor boxes with hershey kisses -Get Hair, nails done on Friday.. and that's about it. -Decorate chuch and have rehearsal -<font color="#000080"><strong>Get married on Saturday!!</strong></font> =] Last few days I have left before the wedding, will be spent packing up all my stuff to move into the apartment and packing for the honeymoon. =]
    Posted by twinkles88[/QUOTE]

WOW...3 days to go!!  You seem to be in great shape.  Enjoy your last few days...and make sure you return here and give us pictures!!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_everyone-doing-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:9a34b7d5-b099-4def-b15f-1bb9205d9021Post:05bc99be-6a35-4072-a8fe-ae0b150d85f7">Re: How is everyone doing! Check in</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is everyone doing! Check in : WOW...3 days to go!!  You seem to be in great shape.  Enjoy your last few days...and make sure you return here and give us pictures!!
    Posted by mybooboos[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :) I will. Yeah, everything is basically done, just have to calm my nerves down now. Lol.
  • Options
    Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY for twinkles!!!

I am meeting with my florist tomorrow to sign my contract and give my deposit.  Besides that, next week I have my first dress fitting!  So excited for it!  I'll be ordering my envelopes and start addressing them shortly and hopefully FI will go get his suit soon because he's starting to stress me out about it.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_everyone-doing-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:9a34b7d5-b099-4def-b15f-1bb9205d9021Post:aa347cdc-6135-4a35-ba25-43a93fd72757">Re: How is everyone doing! Check in</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is everyone doing! Check in : Love it! Very very pretty! Besides the confusing thing going on with your florist, sounds like things are going well. =]
    Posted by twinkles88[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I've loved that display for months (more along the lines of a year!) but didn't know how to find old fashioned, wooden window frames.  A couple of weeks ago, I visited a friend @ her sister's house.  Bam!  She's replaces the windows in her house and had the old ones sitting in the back yard.  Sometimes, it's just good to by lucky, huh?

Yeah ... everthing else is going well, we even have the florist stuff straightened out (I pray).  Yippee!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay twinkles!  I guess you're married by now!

We have decided to keep the reception in December but are eloping at a gorgeous b&b in...two weeks!  We've paid half of the deposit there, my dress is being altered, the only major things left to do are get his wedding band, suit and the license.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards