Nevada-Las Vegas

wicked spoon 2 hour time limit

IS two hours enough time? We want to take our time eating, cut cake, and have a first dance and father daughter dance without feeling rushed......

Our wedding is at 4 pm. We planned on doing a strip tour from 5-8 then going to dinner, however wicked spoon closes at 9pm.....this will all work IF they let us stay past 9pm. I dont want to stay too much longer...maybe just an extra hour, just so we arent rushed.

Re: wicked spoon 2 hour time limit

• edited June 2012
    If you just wanted to eat, I think two hours would be fine, if you'll have speeches and dancing I think you'll be pushing it. So many brides talk about running behind schedule too and you don't want to have to rush your guests around. You have been posting about other options, I think they'll suit you better cause they'll open til later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I called, the coordinator was gone for the day but the girl i talked to said it depends on your contract for how long u can stay. The coordinator is pretty quick with getting back to me, so ill see if i can add an extra hour. We are going an at home reception also, so the whole speech thing isnt a much, just a first dance is the major thing. I think 3 should be enough

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wicked-spoon-2-hour-time-limit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a86c3f4b-2150-4a50-a784-be6d669655f0Post:b25768ce-5003-4be1-9055-86d0b2a3a344">Re:wicked spoon 2 hour time limit</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you just wanted to eat, I think two hours would be fine, if you'll have speeches and dancing I think you'll be pushing it. So many brides talk about running behind schedule too and you don't want to have to rush your guests around. You have been posting about other options, I think they'll suit you better cause they'll open til later.
    Posted by SarahInVegas[/QUOTE]
  • Asking them to stay open two hours later than normal and extend their normal two hour private party schedule by an hour may be problematic; they could have normal routines that occur in those two hours post-closing like cleaning, etc.  Even if they do it, I'd be concerned that service could degrade since they'll probably let a lot of the staff leave on their normal schedule, etc.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I had my reception dinner there, it's $500 if you stay past the allowed 2 hours that's booked. It was perfect for my 2 hours but we just ate and visited cause we had drinks and party in our suite.....amazing food , my family/ friends are still talking about it. The private room is way beautiful.
  • edited June 2012
    jeez!! $500?! well i changed the schedule for the day, we will just do the 2 hours from 7-9, after that we are going to do a strip tour with todd from 9-11. 2 hours should be plenty of time to eat and cut cake and all that right? Im just going to get a small basic cake since the desserts at the buffet are so good.

Fiance wants a first dance and big cake but since we are having an at home reception a few weeks later, we can do it then.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wicked-spoon-2-hour-time-limit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a86c3f4b-2150-4a50-a784-be6d669655f0Post:b0a2df23-54ba-4f18-aa9b-c093248882ef">Re: wicked spoon 2 hour time limit</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my reception dinner there, it's $500 if you stay past the allowed 2 hours that's booked. It was perfect for my 2 hours but we just ate and visited cause we had drinks and party in our suite.....amazing food , my family/ friends are still talking about it. The private room is way beautiful.
    Posted by xtanne12386[/QUOTE]
  • That sounds like a perfect solution! Well done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards