Shehnaai Couture and Events was by far my worst wedding vendor experience. I ordered my wedding sari and lengha 8 months before my wedding and put down a 75% deposit (which the owner, Shirin Vinayak, claimed was standard). I was promised swatches to approve within 3 months of the order, and the final product 2 months after that.
This is what happened:
(1) Swatches were never made.
(2) Shirin and her assistant lied constantly, alternating between saying the swatches were on their way or the swatches were in production.
(3) The deadlines were missed by months.
(4) The lengha was made in the wrong colors, without my approval.
(5) The final lengha (remade in the right colors) was of such poor quality that I was unable to use it for my wedding.
(6) The sari didn’t arrive until 1 month before my wedding (7 months after I ordered it).
(7) The sari was a completely wrong color.
(8) Shirin refused to rectify the situation at all until I got my (very well connected) florist involved – then she agreed to refund my deposit.
Do not be fooled by Shehnaai’s showroom or the sample dresses on display – the final product is subpar at best. Worst of all, because of all her lies about when the dresses would show up, I ended up having to get my dresses from other vendors at the absolute last minute, something no bride (especially one who was looking for dresses 8 months in advance) should have to do.