New York-Hudson Valley

The Rhinecliff

Hey!  Has anyone gotten married or known anyone who got married at The Rhinecliff?  We like the spot but we are worried it is too small (we would have to have the reception in the downstairs dining area and are worried about how to set up the dance floor)  Let me know!

Re: The Rhinecliff

• gnyzgrlgnyzgrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Shannakang, how many people are you planning?  We were considering the Rhinecliff.  Never been there but I've heard excellent things about it.  The setting is beautiful. 

• edited December 2011
    We are looking at around 150 people.  I think that is their max.  However the downstairs room seemed very small and they said they would have to put the dancefloor inside (the seating is outside under a tent) so that was our only worry.
  • edited December 2011
    They renovated the hotel years ago, it is such a beautiful place. They are on the more expensive side, but worth it with the location on the water! That may be a little tight for them.
  • edited December 2011
    Doesn't the train go by right outside?
  • edited December 2011
    Yes it does but I dont really see that as a negative, it gives it some charm.  I was more worried about the dance space downstairs being to small.
  • edited December 2011
    That place is beautiful! But was over budget and too far away for most guests. I am hoping to go to dinner there now with my husband!

The Rhinecliff hosts a couple of dinner dances throughout the year, so they probably know what fits. But remember, what they can squeeze in a room and the roominess you want might be two different things.

Can you ask to see the room set up for an event with close to the amount of people you are considering?
  • edited December 2011
    I asked them to send me photos of how the room looks set up for a wedding downstairs - still waiting.  We are going for a tasting this week. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards