Texas-Austin

Traveling int'l with liquid medication?

We are leaving for our honeymoon to Europe next week. DH has some prescription medication (administered via syringe) that he will have to take with him. Has anyone ever done this? Are there any guidelines we should follow?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Traveling int'l with liquid medication?

• edited December 2011
    If you have it in the check baggage its fine because they go through it still and will see its medicine. I would have a note from the doctor with you just in case some idiot tries to think you're going to blow something up. 

My grandpa got through security with his pills in a carry on, but I dunno about liquid. Try calling the air port. They will be a great help :)
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH takes a lot of medications and we got through security to Europe just fine with no question.  His meds were in a carry on.  We also had a note from his doctor stating his diagnosis, medications, and that there were no concerns/reasons he couldn't travel overseas.  The letter was just in case and we never actually had to get it out.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • rerawaltrerawalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take all your medications in you carry-on just in case something happens to your checked lugage.  Medicaitons are exempt from the 3 oz rule just make sure you have a Dr's note like PP said.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto, I was worried about my epi pen. Make sure it has his name on it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards