September 2013 Weddings
Options

Being pressured to register!

Apparently there are several people asking my dad where i'm registered. i wasn't going to register until next summer when it's closer to my shower. My dad said, "You need to register. People are trying to buy you engagement gifts." WTF? that sounds nice and all but then I read that thread about registering (a few threads before this one) and it seems like if you register too early stuff gets discontinued and so on and so forth. what do i do?? 

Re: Being pressured to register!

• Options
    I had the same thing happen to me.  My mom and FMIL started asking me days after we got engaged.  So we registered for a few things (like 10 - 20) and sure enough we have already gotten 6 gifts.  We will go back and put the rest of the things we were planning on registering for next spring. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ohhhh okay sounds like i should do it that way. thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_being-pressured-to-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:d0d992dc-1590-488a-b8d1-50eb7c013339Post:fc13ce9a-960e-4508-972f-5e5a160c4c74">Re: Being pressured to register!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had the same thing happen to me.  My mom and FMIL started asking me days after we got engaged.  So we registered for a few things (like 10 - 20) and sure enough we have already gotten 6 gifts.  We will go back and put the rest of the things we were planning on registering for next spring. 
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

This is EXCELLENT advice!!! 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_being-pressured-to-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:d0d992dc-1590-488a-b8d1-50eb7c013339Post:84a5cb57-143d-46fa-87ca-b39d8b0c68e5">Being pressured to register!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently there are several people asking my dad where i'm registered. i wasn't going to register until next summer when it's closer to my shower. My dad said, "You need to register. People are trying to buy you engagement gifts." WTF? that sounds nice and all but then I read that thread about registering (a few threads before this one) and it seems like if you register too early stuff gets discontinued and so on and so forth. what do i do?? 
    Posted by jpines22[/QUOTE]

We've been dealing with the same.. Although I am not sure if we are going to register. We have been living together for 3 years and have everything that you would register for! I would have no idea what to even put on there
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Being pressured to register!:We've been dealing with the same.. Although I am not sure if we are going to register. We have been living together for 3 years and have everything that you would register for! I would have no idea what to even put on there Posted by KaydeeD93[/QUOTE] I actually registered for a few things on macys.com last night to please my dad. My FI and I have lived together for 5 years but everything we started with are handmedowns. I decided that I wanted NEW things so we can build our own unique life together. I guess that's what registries are for!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards