New York-Hudson Valley

Registering - What a Nightmare!

We went last night- how overwhelming is it?!?!!?
I think we ended up with like 6 dish racks and 4 garlic presses when I went to check it online!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registering - What a Nightmare!

• MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL

Go online and fix everything, of course when u are there you want to scan everything and anything, def fix it online u dont want things u dont need! 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_registering-nightmare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:e363f9eb-a053-46f6-9c65-e5630df239ffPost:bda3a44b-f19d-424a-96c5-c08b26349a76">Re: Registering - What a Nightmare!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL Go online and fix everything, of course when u are there you want to scan everything and anything, def fix it online u dont want things u dont need! 
    Posted by Midgette[/QUOTE]

Registering  took us hours lol!
    Like Midgette said-GO ONLINE AND FIX EVERYTHING! That's a life saver and a great tip. That's what I do and update it as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It took me over three hours at Macy's by myself registering and another few hours at BB&B.

It is awesome that you can go online and fix everything! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah- I guess I shouldn't have gone to Macy's Herlad Square (the Largest Store in the World) for my first time registering!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We wandered around BBB for around two hours our first time out. And from then it was online all the way! (I kept printing out registries at the store to see what was available, and what was not, and then deleted a lot of those items that were seemingly online only.

But, it will take hours at the store. You can go online to see what the store has, and then go into the store to touch the towels and bedding stuff and look at the appliances.

Have fun though!

• EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dmonty were you at the sip and scan event last night? If so, I was there too. It was our second time going to add stuff to our registry at Macy's. Herald's Square is really overwhelming.I plan on going one more time to wrap it all up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree- I basically redid the whole thing at home later!!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    being able to edit it online once you have done the intial scan is great!!!
  • edited December 2011
    omg i thought i was the only one who thought that! lol..we were in bbb for like 3 hrs and then got home and realized we had hardly anything on our registry! It's soo much easier to do whatever you can online..then go in the store for certain things you have to see in person like appliances.. good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_registering-nightmare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:e363f9eb-a053-46f6-9c65-e5630df239ffPost:0c641f47-1d2f-4dde-80aa-a40404de1202">Re: Registering - What a Nightmare!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dmonty were you at the sip and scan event last night? If so, I was there too. It was our second time going to add stuff to our registry at Macy's. Herald's Square is really overwhelming.I plan on going one more time to wrap it all up.
    Posted by EsquireJL[/QUOTE]

Yes! I was at the sip and scan- we finally left at 10pm all dizzy!
    I think I might go to Cross County to finish up because my feet did NOT like Herald Square!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm sorry it was such a nightmare.  We went to BBB in Newburgh and were in an out in about an hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards