Connecticut

Backyard wedding

I am having my wedding at my parent's home.  Anyone recommends a place where I can rent a tent, tables, chairs etc... 

abc

Re: Backyard wedding

• edited December 2011
    Taylor Rental is great, they have locations all over. Pick up and delivery too.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    where are you having it (town)
    John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

The town will really depend on what companies will supply.

We're using Connecticut Rental for the tent & chairs at our wedding, and I know they do just about everything, so it's worth a look.  Honestly, I'd just ask your caterer for recommendations of companies that they've worked with in the past, and then price shop them against each other.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Like calindi said, it'll depend on who services your area.  We used Durants.  DH's family uses them every year also for a party they throw in their backyard.  They have about 200 people attend, and we rent cooking equipment, walk in fridges, tents, tables, chairs, etc.  We used them for our wedding and they supplied chairs and specialty linens for us.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mcb126mcb126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eastern Tent Rental
    Great people, good prices!  Small family owned company, so when you call you'll speaking directly with the owners who also do the set up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_backyard-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:dfdafecc-dcc4-41d2-8b0a-d78c2f0375fbPost:e3cee595-a0ab-4d4c-ae68-2080536d2f99">Re: Backyard wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eastern Tent Rental Great people, good prices!  Small family owned company, so when you call you'll speaking directly with the owners who also do the set up. <a href="http://www.easternrentaltent.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.easternrentaltent.com/</a>
    Posted by mcb126[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for this!  I'm in New London County and a lot of those rental places charge extra to come my way :(</div>
  • MuddyInsigniaMuddyInsignia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Arrow Paper and Party supply are based on Coleman St in New London and have pretty competitive prices--I hope that helps
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think Arrow Paper did the big tents though.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks. i'll be checking one by one.
    abc
  • edited December 2011
    thanks. i'll be checking one by one.
    abc
  • edited December 2011
    I second Taylor

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards