New York-New York City

Pre-owned wedding gowns

I know the wedding gown is a huge part of the wedding experience for some brides, but this is my second time around, and I really want to look fabulous and chic, but I don't have any sentimental attachment to the dress.

Thinking of trying the pre-owned sites.  Has anyone done this, and if so, what was your experience? The cost savings could be great, but I'm not sure of the quality.  Thoughts anyone?
Thanks!

Re: Pre-owned wedding gowns

• smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Bridal Garden in the city.  They are NOT used - the designers donate their dresses and I believe most of the proceeds go to NYC charities.  It might be hit or miss but its worth a try.   they have a website with location and hours.  The Bridal Garden.

Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    If you know what you want, then try preownedweddingdresses.com.  Many dresses are brand new or slightly used, and sold at good prices.  But it's a take it or leave it thing... There's also ebay, as long as the seller is reputable...
  • edited December 2011
    Actually, there are many dresses at Bridal Garden are used, as they accept donations from brides - though the dress has to be in very good condition.
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011
    i had a good experience with preownedweddingdresses.com. i was in love with claire pettibone's gowns but they aren't in my budget. found someone in NYC selling one in exactly my size for 1/3 the price and she let me come and try it on in her apt. i wound up not buying the dress from her because i changed my mind about what i wanted, but it is definitely worth looking into if you have champagne tastes but not a champagne budget.
  • edited December 2011
    bridepower.com is great!
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about once wed. Actually I have a friend who is selling a gorgeous size 6 fitted lace gown. Big designer, can't remember the name. Write to me privately if you want me to put you in touch with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards