New York-Upstate

Aiye! what was i THINKING!!?!?!

Im not sure how popular this wedding theme is, but im having tangerine and watermelon for my scheme. I came across this site and had a great idea to put my guys in grey suits. Its a summer wedding, black would be HORRIBLE (black&orange= halloween) and grey matches with both watermelon and tangerine.My problem is that i cant seem to find any place ANYWHERE who rents grey suits. All the places rent 1 type of grey tux. A stupid silver line down the pant leg and the collar of the jacket. They'd look like nutcrackers! :( Tuxedo junction has a latte suit they rent, but that brown color with 2 bright colors look terrible.. maybe if i were doing just orange and i was getting married in the fall.. Do you guys have any idea where i could go?? i'm trying to be budget savvy for the guys because of the economy. I dont want them to go out and buy a suit i know they'll never wear again.

Re: Aiye! what was i THINKING!!?!?!

• edited December 2011
    I have a friend who is planning to ask their groomsmen to BUY their suits during the Mens Warehouse buy one/get one sale. Maybe that's something you could look into... Renting a tux would probably not be much cheaper and then the guys could keep their suits at the end. And don't worry- black, tangerine and watermelon wouldn't be the end of the world!
  • edited December 2011
    if you're in Buffalo try Marty's formalwear

another option is to introduce another color so its less halowweny like lime greeen berries in the flowers or maybe even a touch of hot pink somewehere so its just vibrant not halloween looking
  • edited December 2011
    I posted this earlier but b/c of the board upgrade, it got deleted :(

We are doing similar colors (fuchsia & tangerine) but also addding green (lime).  The guys will be wearing black suits with either pink or green ties (depending on what FI decides).
    By adding another color, you can avoid the black & orange combo (something I am avoiding as well)

Here is an inspiration picture:
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/chrissymarie98/fuschialimegreennavytangerine.jpg?t=1233847274

Let me know if you need anything else Smile
  • BelhurstBrideBelhurstBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not have the guys in black tuxes with black vests and do pink and orange for their bout?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jayleensmamajayleensmama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well the only person wearing the watermelon is my matron, so im going to have the best man wear a hot pink flower to match her. my fiance will wear a white tie to match me, and the guys will wear orange ties. the groomsmen will have orange flowers, and my fiancee will have one flower in each color. what im worried about is the pics and walking down the aisle. black and orange?? and black in the summer when there is an option for grey?? everyone says halloween when i say my color is mostly orange but im debating on black tux's. suits would be lighter on the guys because aug 21st is usually really hot..

i dont feel right asking the guys to buy a suit they will never wear again at twice the cost of my girls dresses (that they could wear again). I have been to mens warehouse and the cheapest one they have that would be buy one get one is $300 and that would make it $150 for each of them, but i could get a rental for $85 from tuxedo junction to include everything becuase my cousin is in the military. thats why i asked about a suit rental. i will call martys to see what they say. and ive incorporated some lime green into my flowers as well :)
    jebird do you think maybe you could design 6 suits for me in a light grey :) lol
  • edited December 2011
    I just had our guys wearing black tuxes and my girls wore burnt orange and it looked NOTHING like Halloween.  The girls had whites/ivory for flowers and also had ivory trim in the dress and the guys had ivory shirts, ivory vests and orange ties and pocket squares (we had some flower allergies, so we scrapped them)  I can send a couple of pics if you want to see what it will look like,  I was worried about the same thing, but it was fine... 
  • BelhurstBrideBelhurstBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You say grey is an option, yet you're struggling finding a grey tux to rent. So... it's not so much an option is it? And honestly, this is something your FI should be picking out.

I also really doubt that there is going to be much of a difference comfort wise between a black tux and a grey tux. If it's hot out they're going to be hot in either.

Have you picked out the actual BM dresses? "Tangerine" is a completely different color than the traditional orange used in Halloween decor. When I picture tangerine and black I'm not seeing Halloween at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • CColombo85CColombo85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain, completely!  My fiance and I were thining grey suits on account of getting married outside in August.  I couldn't find anyplace that would rent grey suits (like you said, only grey tux's...blurg).  I did not want to ask our guys to buys suits for the same reason. Many of them are not office and have little need for a suit.  So, we decided to change our plan completely and go for seersucker!  My wedding is going to be a bit on the casual side and we decided that having the guys buy suit pants was not unreasonable.  We are also looking into having them to a pant/vest combo, in lieu of the whole suit.  You can find awesome prices online right now.  For less than a tux rental and they have something they can wear again (who doesn't have a use for lightweight trousers?)

Let us know how it works out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards