Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

J. Scott Catering - Malvern PA

I have to tell you my search like any bride's began looking all all prospects available for my venue Phoenixville Foundry. I happened to have one day in particular my mom and I were out scouting. I had an appointment with Scott and I was running late. I had called to say I was going to be a half hour late and apologized, & offered to reschedule due to my tardiness. Scott asked me: "Will meeting at a later date possibly influence your time you have for decision making?' And I replied honestly, that it might. Scott immediately said he's rearrange his day to accommodate my still coming to meet him. We pulled in and were floored by our welcome we received...a parking spot reserved for me with my name on it. I'm sure all bride's get that, but still I loved it. We were impressed already. Scott was extremely down to earth and very honest. At the end of our meeting he offered a tasting if we were truly undecided between him and someone else. By far it was obvious this man knew how to do business & wanted ours. Now I can say, I know every bride does her research. And so you should. When the cost of the catering is 50-70% of the cost of the wedding and can cost tens of thousands of dollars, you should be certain on your selection. Knowing this, and given the fact our savings is what was paying for our wedding, when I saw on Scott's site, his other places he's worked and school he's attended, I made some calls. I got positive feedback from both places. I also contacted Best of Main Line as he'd been voted "best of", finding out that Scott was very well respected in the industry & was the preferred caterer for Radnor Hunt Club. At the tasting, my parents, husband and I sat down and were blown away by the presentation. Scott did not stay in the room while we discussed things, and his food was magnificent. Upon speaking to Scott, he mentioned that during these economic times, he may put in more hours and have to work a little harder, but in the end he felt he'd come out ahead. We knew we wanted to give him our business for sure. Scott was extremely prompt in every question I had and made sure I felt important on his list, no matter how far off our wedding was. Even a week prior when I handed him a 20 page play by play briefing of the day...he never looked at me like I was a crackhead. (No doubt he & his assistant had to be thinking it :-) I may have portrayed the qualities of a nutcase getting closer to the big day. The day went flawlessly! Scott was battling strep throat and ended up having to leave a little before he wanted to. We never knew he was gone, that's how great his team was. I had lists of every single thing that needed to make it back home for us, and his staff was 100% on top of it. I was missing nothing. The food was ravishing & portions were generous! We had chicken cordon bleu & filet. At our tasting, he offered to have the duet of both as a option for guests also. I just had to indicate selections on peoples cards. We got many compliments on every thing on the menu. I even had centerpieces that required his staff to turn on the battery operated lights, and when I walked in the room it was perfect. I can honestly say Scott & his team 1000% executed my vision. For all the time & energy he put into my big day, I only wish I had posted my review sooner for him to show my appreciation. However, three months later, as promised, I am here writing. I'd be happy to elaborate more, but I haven't left out much. Contact Scott for my information if needed. KH

Re: J. Scott Catering - Malvern PA

• Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This sounds like a review you should put on weddingwire.  But maybe cut it down by half since it takes too much effort to read.  Seeing as this is your first post, people are going to look at this as an advertisement and not as a recommendation from someone they trust or have known on the boards.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto CAPA.  Please post this in a more appropriate place if it is a review.  Vendors are not alowed to post here, and this is what your post looks like.  Don't be surprised if it is removed by our mod soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow long post.  I was just at a wedding with J Scott and they had the best appetizers.  Not crazy about the main dish but apps were amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards