Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Budget/Decor question

I have been pricing out linens for what seems like forever. I made a HUGE decision to change from satin to poly and not swag teh guest tables, but it doesn't seem to have brought the price down to where i need it at this point.

If you ladies don't mind sharing, what are you budgeting for linens? I have one more downgrade I can do but I am REALLY dreading it. I need to cloth 20 guest tables, sweetheart, cake and candy table for around $1000-$1500 and to be fair have only priced out 1 place since changing my original linen concept but I don't want to spend a bunch of time getting revised quotes if I am just expecting too much with my budget.

TIA

Re: Budget/Decor question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I will share with you my budget, but it probably will not help you :-)  Because I used to be a Catering Sales Manager and I gave so much business to the rental companies during my 5 years doing that position, I got some pretty incredible discounts.  I am spending $1300 for 15 tables, black bengaline linens, hot pink bengaline napkins, black chivari chairs with black bengaline cushions.  I think it would have probably cost me twice as much if I did not get discounts.  If you want to tell me what you are getting and/or what you want to accomplish for the ammount you want to spend, either in this post or a PM, I would be more than happy to give you some advice or ideas based on what I have learned over the years.
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My budgeting won't really help you either :( I paid $300 for all of my linens, because I purchased them myself on ebay.  Based on previous posts, it sounds like linens are really important to you, so I say go with the middle ground.  You have already compromised a little, so there is no need to feel guilty if it's a splurge :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh :( I feel like such a bridezilla about my linens... I don't know why they are so important to me, but I feel like they really set the mood of the room, I am not having any florals so the linens will likely play a huge part in my ceterpiece design outcome.

Part of me wishes I had stayed far away from the bridal shows so I didn't see any alternative linen choices other than standard poly cloths with table runners, but I really have come quite a ways from where I was before (we are talking $3500 just for linens with my initial design).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you keep it the way you have it now and just make up the difference else where?  I do agree with PP that this seems really important to you, and given that you have already compromised to a middle ground, you should try and make it work!  Can you set aside a little extra $ per pay check over the next few months, or cut something else out of the wedding budget? 
  • Options
    mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I ended up buying my linens and now I rent them out for weddings and parties to help make up some of the cost. Perhaps that's something you could do.

• Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha I agree that those bridal shows can't bring more trouble than they are worth!  They try to convince you that you need a whole bunch of extra frills that no one even pays attention to!  I once got a flier for wedding toilet seat covers! How weird! 

I still stick with my previous advice and that's to go with what you want for the linens.  You are not being a bridezilla about it either!  This is an important detail for you, and you have already made a downgrade.  I feel like you might regret anything choosing anything else.

This may sound dorky, but what if you held a garage sale to make up the extra dough???
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally would have a garage sale expect FH and I JUST took all our unwanted extra stuff to goodwill about a month ago and my mom helped my sister out with hers so she's pretty much fresh out of stuff as well :( I think I may be able to work something out if I move some stuff around in my personal budget, fingers crossed :)

And thanks ladies, at least I don't feel so crazy about it now.
  • Options
    vmilesicvmilesic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wedding was on 11/14 and I will tell you who I used and all that good stuff. We paid $1500 for 350 people, so a very big wedding, 40 tables, 350 chairs, head table, cake table, tables for other cakes, placecards,  etc.. We used a hispanic family that did decorations for my sisters' and all of my cousins' weddings. They have a small shop and alot of variety. They don't speak english fluently, but they are really friendly and easy to work with. They came and decorated our hall on Friday (Wedding was on Saturday), and came after the wedding to pick up all the stuff. Let me know if you would be interested and I can give you their number. I will attach a few pics that I have...

• Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes please! Your swagged tables are so pretty, very similar to what I am going for. The place I met with last wanted that much for half of what you had.
  • Options
    vmilesicvmilesic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Their number is 602-997-9596. Also, I forgot to mention, they don't charge per item like the rest of the places. They give you a total amount of how much they would charge depending if its a big or small wedding. Or at least that's how they did it with us because we were a referral. For example, I had two sashes on chairs, dusty rose and silver.. and that would usually cost about $3.99 per chair and with 350 chairs thats $1396. And I paid $1500 for EVERYTHING :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh wow I think you just became my wedding linen life saver :) I am so excited to give them a call!!!!
  • Options
    vmilesicvmilesic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Just wanted to check with you to see if you had a chance to call them?

TTYL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards