Florida-West Coast
Options

Flowers By Design -- advice, please

Hi, ladies,

Anyone out there using Jamie with Flowers By Design for flowers? She's come in the way, way cheapest -- yes,we've tried Fishhawk -- but her communication and lack of attention to detail make me nervous. 

I have been holding onto the contract for a month, to be honest. Her weddingwire reviews are pretty good, but I'm still on the fence... 

Anyone have any stories they can share to ease my mind or make me leave her behind altogether?

Thanks. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Flowers By Design -- advice, please

• Options
    mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm surprised to hear that about Fishhawk unless she's been slammed with weddings this month, which wouldn't surprise me.  I've never heard anything about Jamie with Flowers By Design.

I would suggest you try Irene, owner of For Better For Less Florist.  She does amazing work and I've heard her prices are great.

http://www.forbetterforless.com/ceremony/index.htm
  • Options
    chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I receive emails from them but I never met witih them for a consultation. If you're open to finding another florist, I'm using Arlene with Arlenes floral designer. She's awesome. http://www.arlenefloraldesigner.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! I did contact For Better For Less and she was quite unaccommodating -- she basically self-selected out by throwing out a random estimate that was even higher than Fishhawk without really wanting to hear the actual flowers we wanted. I don't think she had any interest in me, and  was not pleased since she ignored my email the very first time I reached out to her.

I will let you all know how Flowers By Design turns out. Hopefully it doesn't look like a beautiful wedding that skimped on the florist!!!!:):):)

Thank you for all your suggestions and advice.
  • Options
    CHAN08CHAN08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with both Arlene and Jamie. Both were very nice and accomodating but Jamie was in my price range so I booked her for my October wedding. My wedding planner also used Jamie @ Flowers By Design and she didnt have any complaints! In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! Her communication hasn't been any more on the mark, but it does come every day instead of every 10 days. Maybe busy season is officially over?

Thanks for the help and good luck with your upcoming weddings! You're almost there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried going through a local wedding planner who can get flowers at cost and create the centerpieces for you at a cheaper cost?

I didnt even know it was something Lance and I could do until it was discussed with me by my wedding planner. She basically sat down with us and custom created exactly what I was looking for. She was much cheaper then the quotes I recieved.

I think they charge more for their time then they do for the actual cost of things.

Anyways, I booked my wedding planner through www.PremierButterflyEvents.com. Her name is Amber if you want to reach out to her. She is extrememly helpful and has helped me save a lot of money.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Michelle. Thanks so much, but we can't afford a wedding planner. Flowers By Design is the least expensive in the area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards