Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

*** Photographer What Would YOU do? ***

My photographer has the following comment on their reviews. How should I handle them?

I really did like this company, and I am overall pleased with the service I received the pictures I got. They certainly are well worth the money! I do have to say, be very specific with any shots you want or people you want pictures of, because I didn't do that, and some things were missed. I just don't think that was due to their mistakes, I think it was because I didn't provide a list or anything.

What should I send the photographer?

Thanks

Re: *** Photographer What Would YOU do? ***

• edited December 2011
    You photographer knows there are a few things- cake, you walking down the isle, first dance- that every bride wants. After that, family dynamics, unique decorations and items, vary from bride to bride. For example- I want a ton of pictures with my grandparents, my parents- a few will do.
    You can never be too specific and as long as you approach it the right way, i'm sure you photographer will appreciate knowing what you want so they can make you a happy customer. Find photos you like and ask you photographer to try to take similar pictures. I saw an amazing photo of the bride looking at the groom taken between the shoulders of the groomsmen, who were out of focus. I loved the photo and plan to show that and others to my photographer. Hopefully they'll be able to find shots like that for me. I am also keeping a list of the basics and add to it daily. Here's what i have so far:

My parents and me

My grandparents and me

Both grandparents and parents and me

Both grandparents, my parents and me

His parents and him

His grandparents and him

Both grandparents and him

My parents and us

My grandparents and us

Both grandparents and parents and us

Both grandparents, my parents and us

His parents and us

His grandparents and us

Both grandparents and us

His parents, my parents and us

His parents, my parents, all grandparents and us

Bridesmaids and me

Bridesmaids and me showing shows

Bridesmaids and me in a line

Groomsmen and groom

Groomsmen and groom jumping

Grooms men and groom holding me

Groomsmen bridesmaids, us

Every centerpiece

Cake

Cake and cake knife

Rings with invitation

My dress hanging

My dress hanging with bridesmaids dress

Our first dance

Good luck!

• angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whenever I sit down with brides and grooms a month before their wedding date, we go over a shot list. Understandably not all shots may happen so the most important ones are stressed as high priority. I did the same when I got married last year with my photographer. We went over a hot list and certain looks and ideas we both had and it all worked out. THere were one or two shots missed, but that cannot be helped but at least the core of the list was taken cared of!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards