Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Kind of lost???

So, I have been putting off planing our wedding, because it just feels so overwhelming and full of drama. It's time for me to get in gear, but I am having some trouble. 
We are having our wedding August of 2012. I want a very wild, mid summer nights dream, faye type of wedding. Lots of flowers and a very natural dreamy romantic feel. The challenge is we are getting married in August in DFW texas. It's always like 100 degrees in August here. Does anyone have any suggestions for an indoor wedding that can pull off this type of theme? I am a DYI bride so I would prefer a venue that does not fource me to have everything done through them. We are on a rather tight budget, and at the moment it looks like we could have 200 guests or more. I'm willing to trim fat for the perfect venue, but finding the perfect venue has been a challenge!

Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!!! 

Re: Kind of lost???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the links on our sticky at the top of the board? Both sites have lists of vendors we've actually used, so definitely check some of those out. http://dfwknotties.weebly.com/
    and
    http://dfwvendorlist.yolasite.com/

I have no idea if we have the same taste or not, but I wanted something with a romantic/dreamy feel (and was on a budget) and the YWCA in downtown Fort Worth fit both perfectly. It has the feel of an old mansion. And it does allow you to bring in everything (except the tables and chairs -- note that it can only seat 175 in total. You can fit 200 for a standing reception. I did opt to trim the guest list to 150 to have room for everyone to be seated plus have a dance floor).

And when you say on a budget ... about how much do you think you'll be able to comfortably spend? The Y is a budget-friendly venue as far as wedding venues go, but my budget was initially 10k and went up from there. If your budget is more like $3-5k, I'd have different suggestions than the Y (or at least I'd recommend an afternoon reception with finger foods, minus DJ and open bar).
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one that comes to mind for me is the Atrium at Parks West but I'm not sure how this would work with your budget.

http://www.creativecuisinegroup.com/apw.htm
  • Options
    fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue is event1013 in Plano and it allows you to bring in EVERYTHING. I don't know what their price is now bc they raised them recently but when I booked they were right in line with Y pricing. The inside is def romantic! Www.event1013.com
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looove Event 1013, but I don't think it would comfortably hold 200.
    Anniversary

• Options
    ecox12ecox12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Chateau at Forest Park, and they can fit up to 350 I believe. They have trees already, but you can do whatever you want for decorating wise. Also, they have packages that you choose from, and they do their own catering [which is really good!]. I would take a look at them if you have the chance.... it's not much on the outside, but looks awesome on the inside!

www.chateauatforestpark.com
  • Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I really like the Atriums at Park West, too.  I just wanted to butt in and say I was in Midsummer Night's Dream in Highschool.  LOOVE that play!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might try Winfrey Point, although it is completely DIY.  It is $150/hour if you are a City of Dallas resident, and $180/hour if you live outside the city limits.  They book up REALLY fast though, so you need to call right away.  They usually only take bookings a year in advance, although they will make exceptions (for example, my wedding is November 5, so they let us call November 1 -- we still didn't get it).  It is so beautiful, though.

They have lots of Fridays and Sundays, though.  One of my bridesmaids booked them for September 16 about 5 months out, but they had a TON of Fridays available.
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys are AWWESOME! Thanks I am looking everything up now. We are hoping to do the wedding for 10k or under. We don't want the wedding to set us to far back on buying a house. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know we looked at Med. Villa in Arlington which has I know flowers and cakes there.

Also, check into hotels. Our second choice was Hilton at DFW Lakes. They have onsight catering too (I think!)

BTW: I'm an August Bride too :)
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man, too bad the 7 Senses closed! It sounds it would have been up your alley.

http://artandseek.org/organization.php?id=1612
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I viewed Event 1013 and fell in love. <3 I am cutting my guest list down and taking it! I papreciate all of your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards