Wedding Woes
Options

Tivo update

Cable guy got his stuff to work and left the rest for me, which would be setting up the internet and/or phone connection.  I have a little wireless adaptor that we used on our old computer and fully intended to use it on this one. 

No can do.  Tivo tells me that I have to use one of their branded wireless adaptors (a fact that I never came across in all of my pre-order reading).  So that's okay, I can order one of those (at $90, ugh) and use a phone line for now, right?  Wrong.  There is no phone jack on the Tivo.  I have to use one of their phone line adaptors in order to plug in a phone line.  Of course they didn't include that in the box.  I would have to  have ordered that, too.

My other choice is to connect an ethernet line, but my TV is way far away from my router.  I guess I need to run to the store and buy a super long ethernet cord??

I fail at watching TV.  And this isn't just needed to connect to the fancy Netflix streaming stuff.  I have to connect one way or another before they will even let me get to anything.

At least the cable card works.  I'm very thankful to have that step behind me.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tivo update

• Options
    OH GOD. This is such a nightmare.

We have one of those adapters, but I think it was only like 50-60 dollars. But then again, that was a few years ago.

I hope this gets resolved soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Also, floor guys are STILL here.  They told me three hours.  They have been here for six and counting.  They are intalling three freaking stair treads and risers.  Either side of each step is rather bumpy stone and I swear they are are trying to mold the sides of the tread to the stone with a million tiny little cuts.  It's getting ridiculous and looks weird.  But he swears it will look better this way than with a straight cut.   My bill had better not be 3x what he told me it would be.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards