Indiana

Registry gift from someone we don't know...what do we do??

We received a UPS package with goodies from our registry. However, the person listed as who ordered it is not a person that either I nor my fiance know. What do we do???

Re: Registry gift from someone we don't know...what do we do??

• jpharisjpharis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Enjoy the gift! : ) Have you asked your parents or FI's parents if they know the individual who sent it?
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd ask some of your family members. Maybe it's a more distant relative or someone one of your parents wanted to invite.

Do you have your guest list? Is that person on it?

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mrsalbeemrsalbee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe your name is similiar to someone they were buying for. Did they attach a note or a card? I would try contacting them just to be sure..
    "I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We got to the bottom of the mystery gift. We knew it was no one we knew. It was from our BBB registry so we searched all registries and found one in Ohio (the name on the packing slip was a lady from OH), the month after us. The packing slip had the lady's name and address so I did a reverse address look-up, got her home phone and had fiance call to explain the mix-up. So, now we just need to return the items, get her card credited and get the items added back to our registry for my upcoming shower. We had little hope that our honesty would pay off and she would tell us to keep the random gift. No such luck though.
  • mrsalbeemrsalbee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sure your good deed will not go unrewarded in the long run!
    "I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards