Getting in Shape
Options

Insanity

I'm looking at buying the Insanity workout dvd's. Hoping to hear from others that have done this or is currently doing this workout and what your results have been so far. I have 30 pounds to lose and for a 60 day workout I'm really hoping it's worth the money. I'm currently doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and I just don't feel like I'm getting ANYTHING out of it! 

Re: Insanity

• Options
    I am doing Insanity right now, it is CRAZY! Also leading a group of ladies who are doing it as well. Don't know how it compares to Jillian Michales, but I have done P90X and Insanity was harder. Harder on your body too.. But as always, the quality of food you eat is a big factor in determining your results..
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I just started doing insanity last week and I already feel more in shape but havent yet seen any weight loss which im hoping is just due to a trade in fat for muscle but well see at the fit test next monday when Ill measure myself again.

It is tough workout but it has gotten me so much more motivated to push myself. I dont know that I would have paid the money to buy them though my sister had gotten a burned copy from a friend so I just copied it from her. Might want to ask around your friends becuase someone might have it and could let you borrow it to try it out before you buy it or copy it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Insanity & Jillian Michaels might work for some & not others. So true is the nutrition being key. Im doing this wedding boot camp thru unicus fitness. they are so convenient and effective. they have a couple different plans. im doing the online 14 day meltdown which guarantees results, safely. they also have a plan where U go to a class. Both have good nutrition plans to keep you hydrated & healthy during this transformation....best of luck to you!

• Options
    I had Insanity and P90X at home for a few years. I would start and quit and never really get many results at first. I think my main issue was that I just wasn't determinded enough and I wasn't eating like I should. Finally, I got sick of having to buy bigger jeans. In December, I started Insanity and completely revamped my food. I cut white flours and sugars and tried to eat the least amount of processed foods as possible. I won't lie, it was really hard the first few weeks! But the more I got into it, the better I started to feel. I didn't lose as much as I thought I would at the first month and I was kind of discouraged because I was really trying. Everyone said to stick with it and that most results would come in the second month. They were right. I started seeing definition in my body and the scale was dropping. After I finished the full 60 days, I had lost 17 lbs and 9.3 inches total. Then I got hooked lol. Since I already had P90X at home, I then did a P90X/Insanity hybrid and I am still in shock looking at my after photos (I have them posted in my albums at www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy). I may not be where I want to be yet, but I can really see the progress I'm making and I will always have a soft spot for Insanity since it's the program that finally got me motivated and into this all. It isn't easy and yes you will stuggle at the begining. I just did the best I could and modified as needed. By the end, I was doing things I couldn't even imagine doing on day one so I was thrilled to say the least.

So yes, I do really believe in Insanity and I became a Beachbody coach because of what it did for me. I want to pay it forward and help others. Are there other programs out there that can work just as well? I'm sure there are! This is just what worked for me

I think the biggest thing is nutrition with any type of program and I always stress this with people I work with. No matter what you decide to do, please take the time to educate yourself on nourshing your body so that you can get the best results. It makes a HUGE difference!

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message here or at jmqrodriguez@gmail.com.
  • Options

I've done both - Insanity is much more intense and results were much better. With Jillian I was sore but didn't see changes in my body. With insanity I was beyond sore and dropped lbs/toned up.

I'm trying to kick myself in the butt to start it again. It's been about a year since I last did it. I just can't get motivated!!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_insanity-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:7c708d42-c68a-42a7-a7d2-2689271b3cdfPost:2baf0f6f-37f8-4293-a37b-e9727f9e657f">Re: Insanity</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've done both - Insanity is much more intense and results were much better. With Jillian I was sore but didn't see changes in my body. With insanity I was beyond sore and dropped lbs/toned up. I'm trying to kick myself in the butt to start it again. It's been about a year since I last did it. I just can't get motivated!!!
    Posted by justengaged777[/QUOTE]

Think of how great you felt from the results the first time. That always helps me stay motivated to keep pushing!
  • Options
    It's frickin HARD but a phenomenal workout!!  You should give it a shot.  I consider myself to be in good shape and I can't make it the whole way through a DVD without stopping.  I've blogged about a few of the DVDs..you can see my thoughts here.. http://livelifeactive.com/training/insanity/

<3 Erin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards