Flowers

Do I really need them?

Do I need to have a flower bouquet? i don't know if this feeling happens with all brides but I kind of feel like Flowers are not a neccesary part of my wedding I could care less.
Is there any other traditions besides flowers or a differant idea that anyone has ever heard of or seen?

Re: Do I really need them?

• Some people don't care about flowers, and it's not a big deal to exclude them.  Some brides hold a brooch bouquet, or none at all.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You could carry a white Bible for a church wedding. I have seen one long stem lilly carried and then handed to the mom on the way to the groom.
  • edited November 2012
    I don't think it's necessary and if it's not important to you, then don't do it. A friend of mine just carried a flowering branch from a tree that was important to her. It was different, but lovely for a fall wedding. 

I have also seen people carry jeweled bouquets like this one:

• My sister made bouquets out of white/ivory beads and crystals. They were super cheap but a pain to assemble. I am having my BMs carry lanterns for a winter wedding and I am not planning on carrying anything. That way my Man of Honor doesn't have to hold flowers for half of the ceremony :) There are lots of options other than flowers! Good luck. :)
  • I am having minimal flowers at my wedding. It will be a complete candle lit ceremony and reception. I love candles and flower pedals but not actual flowers.
  • You can do whatever you want, its your wedding.  I went to a wedding where the bride carried a punch of handmade pinwheels it was really cute.  Afterwards she handed them out to kids.

I've heard of brides carrying a family bible, a book of love poems, a favorite book, a bouqet of brooches.  I've seen paper flowers, wooden flowers you name it.  Your options are endless.  Do whatever you and your FI want and I guarantee whatever you choose people will love.

The only man a girl can truly depend on is her daddy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards