South Asian Weddings

Day of Coordinator or Planner - Advice on Price?

What kind of pricing estimates should I expect?  Our wedding is in NJ so we are looking for someone local who has experience with desi weddings.  I hadn't really considered having one since we have all of our vendors picked out and have made all decisions ourselves so far.  But after we encountered some unforseen future in-law drama at our engagement party recently, we are thinking a day-of-coordinator may be good  so there are no surprises and our wedding and reception flow smoothly.

Re: Day of Coordinator or Planner - Advice on Price?

• edited December 2011
    I dont have any idea of price, but do think is a good idea to have a DOC.  I didnt have one I paid for, but one of my bridesmaids acted as one and she did such a good job that I got tons of compliments on how smooth everything was and they thought I hired a professional!  If you're looking for vendors, check out Rose Events, I've seen them at a lot of weddings and they seem to do a solid job.  GL!
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From what I've heard around the NJ board, I think the going rate may be around $500 for a DOC.  But this would be for a non-SA DOC.  I think SA ones would probably be more expensive.  I would definintely ask around the NJ board for recommendations - and I also would consider the non-SA ones, as some may have a little experience working with SA vendors. 

Like shilps, I did not hire one.  My aunt took care of everything and it all went really smoothly. 
  • gryffindorgryffindor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  We feel we need to hire an uninvolved third party to act as a buffer between the two families for sanity's sake.  All of my vendors are set and I never thought I'd be looking into this until the engagement party unfolded.  I will look on the NJ board as well.
  • vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am no help with pricing in the NJ area, but as suggested, definitely check out your local board.

As for a DOC, mine has been a lifesaver! She is not only working the Indian ceremony, but will be coordinating the offsite reception. She has been a pleasure to work with :) The cost was around $500 in the Orlando area. I decided that I did not want my family, ANY of them lifting a finger to arrange anything (besides what was necessary) the week of the wedding. She has been helpful and I would definitely suggested to make room for a DOC if your budget allows.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards