Massachusetts

Help!! Receptions Ideas!!

Hello from Western Ma
So, I have this idea in my head to find  " The Triple Threat" lol. I would love to be able to find somewhere that we can get married, have the reception, and It's a hotel. I'm just having a hard time finding "the" place. No matter what I type in the different search engines that same things keep popping up, so I need to get the advice and suggestions from other Brides. Please help us!!

Thanks,
Ashleigh

Re: Help!! Receptions Ideas!!

• edited December 2011
    Hotel Northampton
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Hotel Northampton or the Marriott/Sharaton in Springfield.

What part of Western MA?

August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto to Hotel Northampton or the Sheraton in Springfield. 
  • edited December 2011
    We really like the Marriott in Springfield actually!! Thats right next to us...we're in west springfield and most of both our families are in this area. Plus I really really want some part of the day to be outside and the Marriott has an outdoor Gazebo that we like!!!

Thanks
  • bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if this is too far West, but our venue is the Orchards Hotel in Williamstown.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My reception is going to be at the Marriott in Springfield. I LOVE it and they are WONDERFUL to work with! I can't tell you how many emails have gone back and forth with Rita and she's always available and willing to work with us. We visited a lot of places in Northern CT and in the Springfield area and this was the place. Plus that rooftop terrace is amazing and yours for the entire night. I can't recommend it highly enough. They have been so accomodating and we're still a year from our wedding! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm SOOO happy to hear those good things about The Marriott!! It's really looking like thats where we will have it. It makes me feel better about the decision when I hear good things!!

Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you toured yet? We looked at both the Marriott and the Sheraton and hands down we liked the Marriott a thousand times better plus they were more accomodating and the room, terrace and cocktail area was much prettier! Good luck and I'd love to hear more about it as you plan. Do you have a wedding date picked? My ceremony won't be there, but I'm sure they'll do a great job for yours! My parents and my in-laws weren't thrilled about a hotel ballroom until they saw it. Now they love it as much as we do! Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Actually right after I read your post about how much you liked it at the Marriott I called and spoke with Rita and set something up. We're going this tuesday for a tour and everything. I mentioned that you had said all those things and she was very happy to hear it. I am on the fence about having the ceremony there. At first I had said yes we would because of the outside terrace but I keep thinking about our pictures and I don't know how that would work. So now I'm thinking about having the ceremony at Stanley Park in westfield. I don't know though, I have plenty of time...our day is 6/1/2013. I'm glad you posted!! I'm the first one of my friends to get married so I need all the help I can get. I will keep you updated lol and please any tips you have I could use Smile
  • edited December 2011

I'm sending you a private message. Look for it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KatieLynn2KatieLynn2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about the Delany house in Hoyoke? There grand ballroom is gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards