Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Resorts in St. Thomas

Hi!  We are goin to the US Virgin Islands for our honeymoon in September of this year.  Does anyone know what resorts are better to stay at than others??
Thank you!!!

Re: Resorts in St. Thomas

• Options
    Hello! I just got back from an AMAZING HM on St. John at the Westin. I would highly suggest looking at St. John  over St. Thomas. The beaches on St. John are amazing and since most of them are national park, there isn't really any development on the beaches and they are much more private as a result. I really liked the Westin though the beach there wasn't as good as the ones in the park. The food was good though and the room was really nice. They also have a water sports company on site so you can do all the day trips right from the hotel dock.
  • Options
    I agree w/ Roses.  St. Thomas is way more commercialized than St. John.  I would suggest staying on St. John and if you want you can always take a short ferry ride to St. Thomas.  Are you stuck on only staying at resorts?  We're renting a small one bedroom condo in Cruz Bay.  http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g147410-d2370130-The_Cottage-Cruz_Bay_St_John_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html   
  • Options
    We just got back from a great HM on St. Thomas.  We stayed at the all inclusive Sugar bay resort which is near Red Hook.  I would def recommend Sugar Bay, it was clean, the food was really good and the staff was great!  It was also great value for the price, we got our moneys worth with the all inclusive package.  Since it was close to red hook, it was easy to get a cab to the ferry dock, take a ferry to st. john and rent a jeep for the day.  We visited all of the beaches over there and loved them.  We found that St. John was definitely pretty pricey.  The places we stopped to eat our day over there were kind of off the beaten tourist path but were still around $15-$20 a person for lunch, etc.

We also did a day trip on a powerboat to the BVI which included a day trip to the Baths on Virgin Gorda.  That was our fav day there and it was well worth the money.
  • Options
    I've been to St. Thomas a few times and St. John once. If you can afford it, Caneel Bay in St. John is beautiful! In St. Thomas, I'd recommend The Ritz Carlton, The Marriott, and Sugar Bay in that order. There are some beautiful private villas avaliable if you want even more privicy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards