North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Wedding Date & Hurricane Season

Hi Ladies,
Recently FI and I have been discussing getting married in Outer Banks (Corolla NC).  We are planning on a  Oct 2010 wedding date.  My fear is Hurricane Season. We are from PA so I have no idea.  So my question is would Oct  be a good month or not?

Thanks in Advance,
Becky

Re: Wedding Date & Hurricane Season

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Atlantic hurricane season is officially from June to the end of November. I heard this year there were just 2 hurricanes/ tropical storms passing by, nothing crazy. The Atlantic shows a very peaked season from August-October. But as far as I know, August and September are always the most active months. Its hard to predict anything, the meteorologists can only say there is some x% chance that the hurricane will hit the east cost from June to November, but they can not predict when and where, they can named them, but after that... once the hurricane is formed they can only track it :)  

Anyway, I think that any month is good. I was freaking out about it, but then I realized that I can not control the weather. We are getting married in June, the beginning of the hurricane season. All I want is to get married, and I can only hope, that my perfect day is not going to be ruined by the weather.:) 

• Options
    RRayman15906RRayman15906 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you.  I do think we are just going to go with it and hope for the best like you said.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! If you decide to get married during a month that is hurricane season, ask EVERY VENDOR (Location, caterer, house...etc) about wedding insurance. It protects you in case you have to change your date....

:)
    Good luck!  -Jessica G
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks Jessica.  I will definitely ask about that.

• Options
    kerinjkerinj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, 

I was born and raised in Wilmington, NC, and the hurricane season can be a bit frightening.  The august/sept. timeframe is by far the most active.  I'm having my wedding in October as well, it seems to be a beautiful month to be on the coast, not too many tourists, its not too hot and not too cold, I believe it will be worth it! 

Live to Laugh and Love Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel more comfortable now with all this info.....I am hoping we do decide to get married in OBX....Thanks Ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards