Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal Dinner Troubles (VENT)

My FMIL was kind enough to give us money for the rehearsal dinner, but refused to have anything to do with the planning. My fiancee also passed the buck when it came to the planning, saying that he didn't care if we had a rehearsal dinner or not. Therefore the planning was left to me. 

Our rehearsal dinner is this Friday. I called the restaurant today to confirm the reservation, and they told me that they were sorry but they could not accommodate us anymore due to a scheduling conflict (I made the arrangments with the previous manager, who it seems is no longer there.) I made the arrangements two months ago, and everything was fine. I didn't receive any calls or anything from them between then and now letting me know that there were any issues.

So now we have 30 people expecting a lovely Italian dinner, and nothing to do with them. Just wanted to share, and hopefully feel a little better in doing so!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Troubles (VENT)

• LaurenAsh23LaurenAsh23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how awful!!! 

I'm having a similar problem with my FMIL...she's paying but wants me to do all the planning and my FH is is of course not helping either. I'm hoping he can talk to his mom and tell her she needs to help. I want the dinner to be nice...but like you, don't want to be planning this along with 5 million other things.

good luck! I'm sure it will all turn out!! :)
    TTC since January 2012. Me: 24 & DH: 30

DH SA (1/21/13) is perfect! 1st RE appt set for 1/30/13

BFP on 1/26/13! EDD is 10/5/13! 1st appt at 5w6d and diagnosed high risk due to high BP. Put on meds. 1st Ultrasound scheduled for 2/22/13. Blighted ovum At 7w6d D&C 2/26/13 Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WHAT?!  Do you have a contract with them?  When we booked our RD we signed paperwork with the resturant.  If that is the case, you should go down there and show them the paperwork.  If they don't honor the contract then you have the right to report them to the BBB (or perhaps even sue, not that I'm sure it's worth it, but they don't know that).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    That really sucks! Is there another restaurant that can accomodate you? What about catering and having the dinner at someone's home? (I know that's a lot of people to have in someone's house but you could have it outside or something) Will the restuarant offer you any discounts for catering or anything? If you have a contract then they need to give you something. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards