North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

Ceremony site?

My fiance and I are getting married and are having a hard time finding a ceremony site.  We're not doing a "traditional" wedding - ceremony, then dinner at a nice restaurant followed by drinks and dancing at a night spot, so no need for an "all inclusive venue" (tiiiiiiny budget!  Laughing).  I assumed that finding a ceremony site would be easy, but that's been proven false. 

I absolutely loved All Saints Chapel in downtown raleigh, however can't justify spending $1,800 dollars for 30 people and a 30 minute ceremony.  We're not affiliated with any church so are having a hard time finding somewhere that will let us marry without becoming a "registered parishioner".  We thought about an outdoor ceremony in a local park, however are afraid that since we're looking at mid/late march it'll be too cold.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to hold a ceremony on the cheap but where I can still wear a wedding dress that's indoors?  We're looking to stay in the downtown Raleigh/Garner area and are open to alternative locations (i.e. - doesn't have to be a chapel)

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss

Re: Ceremony site?

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What about at the restaurant you'll be eating at afterwards? I've seen this done before and it worked really well! Plus, this could be free for you guys if you've got a private room booked or something.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    carlyndarlyncarlyndarlyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out NC Parks or even city parks. They can offer really beautiful views for next to nothing.
  • Options
    Amber598Amber598 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the St. Mark's Chapel in downtown Raleigh.  Thats where we are getting married and you can rent it per hour, min 2 hours....or a package of 4 hours and the price is super reasonable!  And it holds up to about 50 people.

http://raleighnc.gov/search/content/PRecRecreation/Articles/MordecaiRentals2.html
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
    My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'd love to host your wedding at The Stone Chapel! 

Please send me an e-mail from the link at stonechapel.com letting me know your date and number of guests, and I'll get you details about service & price.  There are many nice restaurants in the Wake Forest / North Raleigh area for receptions.

Thanks,
    Ranee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards