Canada

Start Time For An Evening Wedding

This is my second marriage so I want to do things a little differently:
Summer evening wedding
Small and intimate
No formal reception head table, dinner or speeches
Wine and cheese reception

I'd like some advice on what time to begin the ceremony.  I'd like to be able to incorporate a setting sun and lots of candlelight throughout the evening but it will be late summer in Saskatoon.  Any ideas? 
Thanks

Re: Start Time For An Evening Wedding

• For what you want to do an appropriate ceremony time would be 8 pm. What time of year are aiming for and whereabouts are you?  I'm in Winnipeg and in the summer time it's still light out at 8 pm but in the fall/winter its pitch black by then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • on Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_start-time-for-an-evening-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:f580f9ad-d227-47e1-8722-16a53128c8a4Post:c830871b-6380-4144-9e3c-f823265d0063">Re: Start Time For An Evening Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]For what you want to do an appropriate ceremony time would be 8 pm. What time of year are aiming for and whereabouts are you?  I'm in Winnipeg and in the summer time it's still light out at 8 pm but in the fall/winter its pitch black by then.
    Posted by ElleB87[/QUOTE]'
    ''I'm in Saskatoon so it is much the same here.  We are looking at the end of July 2013. We 'will try to utilize the setting sun for the ceremony and candlelight afterward.
  • edited August 2012
    If you need any help with any recommendations or anything let me know, I'm from the Saskatoon area as well.
  • I've been thinking about this very thing, our venue is a lakeside cottage. The only thing is that we'd also like to have a dinner/dance. I'm not sure how to fit everything in, and don't really want to have a dinner that begins at 9 pm.

But I so love the idea of a sunset and candlelight ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sun will set pretty late in the summer.  I'd try to time it so the sun sets during cocktail hour; allowing for some great pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards