Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Opinion on centerpieces

Hi ladies,
For the one or two individuals still out there today lol, I'm hoping you can give me your honest opinions on the following: I still haven't decided on centerpieces for the reception...I know the flowers I want, I'm just not sure of the "look" I want them projected. I've really become hooked on candelabras. I found a Nestie who is selling hers, but they're just with candles (i.e. no room for a flower arranagement). I'm fine with that, but wanted to know would it look odd for half the reception tables to feature the candelabras, and the other half to just feature actual floral arrangements? I've seen pictures where it's been done, I just don't know if I can "pull it off" at my reception.
Thanks,
Julie
My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011

Re: Opinion on centerpieces

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Julie!

I really like the look of candelabra! If you would like each table to have the candelabra, you could put a floral ring around the base of it. I've seen this done a lot with eiffel vases. If not, I think half candelabra and half flowers would look fantastic!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did 2 different CP's for the reception. half of the tables had a CP that consisted of silver & white branches and the other half had a lower CP of hydrangea's. my mom thought i was nuts for wanting this, but loved it once she saw it all together. i think you can certainly pull it off!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would look lovely- just have a mix of tables with both centerpieces, i.e. not candelabras on one half of the room and floral centerpieces on the other. I like the idea of the floral ring if you want to tie in flowers to the candelabra centerpieces. You could also scatter some flower petals around them.
  • Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your nice posts! Kim, yes I completely agree with you about mixing them in with the other centerpieces. Def. don't want to have a candelabra side and a flower side lol. Although it would make it easy for people to find their tables :)
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late but thought I'd comment :) I think it would look great to have half and half! It breaks up the room and livens the aesthetic of the room! IMO, it isn't much different than doing high and low centerpieces! I love variety and think it would look lovely!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what everyone else said! I like the idea of variety, and breaking things up with different centerpieces!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also love the look of doing two different centerpieces, I think it keeps the eye moving. Candelabras are so pretty, I think it's fine to not have floral arrangements on those tables to keep the focus on them. I have a problem making a firm decision on wedding stuff, so it's fun to get to pick two. We're doing metal lanterns with two pillar candles inside and submerged orchids with floating candles.
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards