Florida-Central Florida
Options

HELP needed.. Orlando destination wedding

I am trying to plan a destination wedding in Orlando for this March 2011. But I have no idea of the reputation of local vendors. I would like to have intimate ceremony of 20 guests and dinner at the Cinderella castle in Disney. I was looking at two possible venues for the ceremony- Paradise Cove or Estate at Cypress grove Park. Can anyone refer me to a wedding planner? I have a propsal from Weddings Inc, they seem very nice but I am unable to find any reviews on this company. Any insight/advice would be great!

Re: HELP needed.. Orlando destination wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of great planners around, I am using Laurie Ann Portello with Bliss (but I am getting Married March 26- so shes booked that day Laughing).

A lot of the girls use Ashlie Hampton with Weddings in the City, I met with her and she was also awesome. Brandy with Blush was great too, a little higher in price but not much. Prices were all comparative and within a couple hundred dollars of each other, and I have partial planning. I do know Blush was $4000 for Full Planning.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you will have to arrange with disney for the dinner in Cinderella's castle, I do not believe that is very easy to do though from what I know of growing up with my mom working for disney.  There are a lot of great disney venues as well for ceremony and would be a lot closer than Paradise cove or Cypress Grove. I would call places and make sure they are still available since in Orlando most sites book a year out sometimes or more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have already spoken to someone regarding dinner at the castle, she said it could be arranged I just have to call 180 days prior and make a reservation. My biggest thing was trying to get a review on the ladies at Weddings, INC. They put together wedding packages in the orlando area, but I have not been able to find any reviews on their service. I am sure they are great, but without seeing others opinions of their experience it would be hard to except their proposal.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just so you know, they don't serve alcohol in the Magic Kingdom so if you want a toast or anything like that at your dinner, you won't be able to get one.  Also, Disney has an intimate weddings package if you have 18 guests or less and you can get married on Disney property and they provide everything for you - flowers, photography, videography, transportation, music, food, etc.  The wedding locations are in gazebos and gardens around the resorts.  Here is the link:  http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/escape/detail

For everything you need, it is under five thousand dollars.  I think that would be amazing.

If you do want Cinderella's castle, call very early in the morning exactly 180 days in advance of your wedding.  It usually fills up exactly 180 days in advance and for a party that large, you'll need to get first dibs.  Also, you have to pay ahead of time for everyone and I'm not sure if they give refunds for cancellations.  I believe it's around fifty bucks per person.  Also, are you paying for park tickets for all of your wedding guests? you need park admission to get into the restaurant.  

As far as wedding planning goes, I just had Ashlie Hampton with Weddings in the City and she was fabulous.  She really made sure the event went smoothly.  
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My coordinator is Karen Lupica from Exquisite Weddings of Central FL.  She has been wonderful thus far and I would highly recommend her.  

Congrats on your engagement!!!  =)  I agree with Theresa, you definitely want to call on that exact day 180 days out.  Cinderella's castle is the first restaurant in Disney to book up.  I think that is a beautiful wedding idea!  

I have heard wonderful things about Paradise Cove.  My fiance shot a wedding there last summer and he said it was absolutely gorgeous.  If things don't work out there, there are lots of places on Disney property you could do your ceremony if you got in touch with their wedding department.

Everyone on here is very helpful, so just post any questions you have!!  Welcome to the board!!!  =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paradise Cove is beautiful! It books up VERY fast though. A friend of mine tried to book 11 months out and all they had left were Fridays.

When you checked with Disney, did you ask about wearing your attire in? I believe if you want to wear your dress into the park, you have to go through Disney Fairy Tale Weddings, which would require a 5k minimum.

If you just want to do a big dinner or Magical Gathering, there's no problem in just calling 180 days before, but you won't be allowed to wear any wedding attire.

You may or may not need park admission with the Magical Gathering. You will definitely need it to just go eat dinner there. You won't need it with a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding. So that alone could get very pricy with 20 people and $80 admission each, plus dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I need to re-think everything entirely?!?!?!? I always dreamed of a Disney Wedding, but I really don't want to go over $5,000. I have been in contact with paradise cove, and they have the date I want available. I just need to think of an awesome place for dinner to celebrate with my family. I would love going to Cinderellas castle, but I of course want to keep my dress on. Oh boy- this is more stressful then I thought it would be :(
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh you just have to do a Disney Escape wedding. It would be sooo perfect.  You'd have to get married on a Friday or weekday in order to be below 5,000 but you could do it.  YOu could get married at the Polynesian and it would be a very similar beautiful feel to Paradise Cove.  It costs 4,750 dollars and that includes flowers, wedding cake, champagne toast, violinist, limo and photography with an album.  

If you still want just dinner at Disney but don't want to pay for park entrance, you could make reservations 180 days in advance at either Narcoosee's, California Grill or Ohanna's an hour or so before the fireworks.  You can see the fireworks from all of those restaurants and they pipe in the music.  Even if you didn't get a seat near a window (which is very tricky with that many people) you could leave your seat for the fireworks to stand on the porch or by a window and watch.  

One of my friends wanted to do a Magical Gathering at Epcot and it cost about 12 dollars for park admission an hour and a half before the park closes and about 25 or 30 per person for a dessert party to watch the fireworks and closed off VIP area.  YOu couldn't wear a wedding dress to this but you could probably wear a nice white prom type dress without a veil or put it on after you arrive.  

Another possibility:  Bellabride had  a cupcake party on the top of the Marriott World Center and they had a perfect view of the fireworks so you could see about that.  

If you want a theme park but don't mind if it's not Disney, Bice at the Portofino Bay at Universal Studios also does wedding receptions.  They are a high end Italian restaurant.  They can give you a special menu and a private room.  ON that note, I believe the Portofino Bay also does intimate packages like Disney does so you might check them out too.  I'm not sure on their pricing. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You can't just go to dinner in your wedding dress at Disney. They don't allow it- especially at MK or the other parks. Also, to make a reservation for 20 people isn't going to be easy- they're going to try to get you to do a private dining event. That might be a good option, but if you are trying to tell them that it's not a wedding they will figure it out. Disney's Fairytale Weddings will help you book everything for your wedding- just don't try to go around them or else it is likely they will figure it out and not allow you to have your event. California Grill has a few private rooms (including their wine room) which would be a great option for you to have 20 people in, while still having a view of Cinderella's Castle and the fireworks. Also note, if you are looking to have dinner in Cinderella's Castle it is a prixe fixe type menu, with characters etc. Is this really what you want for your wedding- the Fairy Godmother roaming around? Good luck, there are a lot of great options at Disney, but IMO dinner at Cinderella's Castle is not one.

Also, if Fairytale Weddings knows you just want a dining event, they may just refer you to park and event sales. In which case, you either need to be local to FL or be staying at a Disney resort.

*~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you for everyones helpful ideas! I have never been to Florida so it is all very helpful.
    We wanted to do Cinderellas castle because my fiances 4 year old daughter would love it so much!

Allie- I am not sure why you have the impression that I am sneaking behind disneys back to have a wedding. Its not the conspiracy theroy. I just wanted to have dinner there. I am not wearing a ballgown. Just a plain little white dress. I have been in contact with the manager at Disney and she didn't make it sound as difficult as your are making it out to be. I will change out of my dress if its not allowed or have dinner elsewhere. We are having a large reception in our home town a month after we return. What I want on my wedding day is to have my family together and a good time. So actually if the Fairy Godmother wants to float around at dinner... she is more then welcome.. and I hope she is there!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just trying to give advice- I didn't mean you were trying to go behind Disney's back, I just know many others who have and who have gotten in trouble. I was just trying to save you the time and effort...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happiness, we wouldn't judge you if you were trying to sneak around Disney's back.  It's just that Disney sometimes makes it impossible to do something that seems simple ( like eating at a restaurant) and we wanted to make sure you knew about all of their rules because they are very strict. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards