Ohio-Columbus

Pie Buffet? Bakers in Columbus?

My fiance and I are thinking of foregoing the traditional wedding cake. In short, can anyone reccomend any bakers in Columbus that make mini pies? I love Just Pies, but I don't think they can do miniture, single serving pies. We're thinking of having a mini pie buffet/tower instead of cake or cupcakes.  Neither one of us likes cake and it doesn't make sense to invest in something we don't even like based on "tradition".... :)

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give! 

Re: Pie Buffet? Bakers in Columbus?

• What a cute idea!  i don't know anyone who makes mini-pies, although you could propose it to about any bake shop that makes tarts or pies.

It did remind me of a Fall wedding I went to once where the centerpieces were pies .... pretty stand on each table (so I know they saved on centerpieces), and lots of different kids of pies, so when it was time to cut in - people wandered around the room for a while to find the best pie!  

• I think that's a great idea! I hear ya with forgoing a "tradition" that isn't necessary or important to you both. We also are having pies at our reception instead of cake. Here are a few places I have checked out: -pattycake bakey: vegan in Clintonville -angry baker -Melissa's incredible edibles in Clintonville: I'm pretty sure she does small pies or tarts -mozarts bakery Hopefully one will have what you are looks for! Good luck ;)
  • RCantrell123RCantrell123 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Awesome! I never thought about putting them on stands at each table... hmmmm. And the ideas keep coming. :)

I found a mini pie press at Sur la Table at Easton on sale... it makes 4 pies at a time. I've thought about commissioning my Dad, who is an excellent cook/baker, to do them for us, but I feel weird giving him a "job" when I just want him to enjoy the day. Will look into the suggested places for sure! Thanks so much! 
  • There's a place I pass all the time called Just Pies. It's on High Street near Morse. I have no idea if they'd be good, but it's worth a shot.
  • Der Dutchman in Plain City! They have every type of dessert or pie imaginable
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards