Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

I'm Curious...Question about Father/Daughter dance

Okay, so long story short, my dad and I aren't super close, but we've started takling again. I wouldn't say we're best friends or anything, but we're takling, and in comparison to our old relationship, it's a huge improvement. 

I think I should do the father daughter dance together, because I don't want to look back later in life and regret not doing that with him, because he is my dad, but whenever I go to look up any songs, they're all those corny country songs about how the father loved his daughter first and she'll always be his little girl, all of that. 

First off, I wouldn't feel right dancing to any of those songs, but I seriously have no idea what to dance to with him. Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Re: I'm Curious...Question about Father/Daughter dance

• Options
    My dad and I danced to "Unforgetable" -- duet with Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole.   

If you google "Father-Daughter Wedding Songs" you'll find a lot of suggestions, and a lot of them aren't corny country songs.   Some are, but a lot of them aren't:-)
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    There are tons to choose from. We danced to Little Miss Magic by Jimmy Buffet because we wanted something a little off the beaten path. There were so many to choose from online!
  • Options
    I know a song that alot of people use is "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.  It isn't a super sappy father and daughter song but it is still sweet and appropriate for a wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a similar problem. Right now I'm leaning toward " I wish you peace" by the eagles
  • Options
    I didn't want sappy because my dad doesn't dance so our Father/Daughter dance was going to be the one dance in my life with my dad and I didn't want to spend it crying. So I went with L. Armstrong, wonderful life.
  • Options
    My father and I aren't close, and we danced to "You are so Beautiful."
    There are lots of songs out there that aren't as focused on the typical role of a father but would still be appropriate. Good luck!
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options

My dad has never been in my life and I dont have a step dad... so I am not doing a father/daughter dance. My fiance is super close to his mom.. What should I do? Should we skip the dances all together or should my fiance still do the mother/son dance? Wouldnt that be weird?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_im-curiousquestion-about-fatherdaughter-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:5c0fdf97-25fd-47b8-82a8-cb644815a09bPost:b7da6909-c1d8-41c8-b04f-fdb6266b66a6">Re: I'm Curious...Question about Father/Daughter dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dad has never been in my life and I dont have a step dad... so I am not doing a father/daughter dance. My fiance is super close to his mom.. What should I do? Should we skip the dances all together or should my fiance still do the mother/son dance? Wouldnt that be weird?
    Posted by ryanpaa10[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm in the exact same position. We're thinking of still doing the mother/son dance because my fiance is really close with his mom and it wouldn't be fair to not have either of the dances just because I don't have a father. It's completely up to how you feel but if it is weird to only do the mother/son dance you're not alone. I don't think it's weird. Everyone knows about my father situation so I don't think they would be weirded out by the fact that there won't be a father/daughter dance.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards