April 2012 Weddings

Seriously? I mean, SERIOUSLY?!

Over the past two days, I'm not even joking, my dear FI has informed me that 8 of his friends have RSVP'd that they are in fact coming to our wedding in 2 weeks after all. That's freaking great considering our final numbers were due 3/29 (and we had even counted on a slight cushion!), now we're at 98 when we had planned on a max of 90. GRRRRRR.... seriously people, the RSVP date was MARCH 15TH for a reason... now have to figure out where to get that extra $700+ we hadn't counted on 2 weeks ago!

Re: Seriously? I mean, SERIOUSLY?!

• Honestly, I'd tell them 'sorry, but our RSVP date was 1 month ago and our final numbers have already been submitted. There is nothing we can do.' You shouldn't have to bend over backwards to make room for these people who weren't even considerate enough to tell you on time. It's their loss!
  • I totally agree with rlavach.  I would tell them too bad / so sad - final numbers have been submitted already.  But I am mean like that!!  I refuse to inconvenience myself for people who are inconsiderate.
    wedding countdown
  • Thanks for your feedback ladies. FI and I talked about it last night, and we'll be able to make it work. All 8 of these folks are his friends and he had been bugging them for weeks now. Em, I totally agree... I don't know why our venue needed the numbers so early, but they did. I'm going to email them today with the news, but its only one more table that needs to be added. I also figured out what to do about the centerpiece situation so I don't have to send more money to my florist too. Everything is coming together, and FI is really helping me to not get too stressed out about things. Last night, I finally told him about my dress drama and he was so sweet about it. I love him so much! Cannot wait to get this over with and just be married already!
  • Glad you were able to figure it out, that sucks.  We are having the opposite problem where we gave final numbers on Monday and now have three people that may not make it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards