Colorado-Denver
Options

Reception RANT......

Ok so we book the greystone castle to due our reception at, put down our deposit and what not in Jan. THey told us that it was going to be remodled but that it would all be done before the wedding. So all last week I have been trying to get ahold of our corrdinator lady person but I can not get ahold of anyone at the venue. SO I drove up there yesterday and the whole place is under construction and now they do not know if it is going to be done before oct. THey said that the ballroom was still good to go but they might not have any rooms or anything else ready by then.

SO here it is time to get my invites sent out and Now i feel like I need to fight to get my deposit back because I do not want my reception in a construction zone.. I feel like Im starting to turn into a bridezilla over this... I'm oober stressed now cuz I have like a week before I need to get my invites ordered and Now I may have to change venues, and try to get my deposit back from the greystone castle which I do not think is going to be easy, since we had some other trouble with them at the begining..

Re: Reception RANT......

• Options
    latty27latty27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :( if you put the deposit down with a credit / debit card you could just do a charge back- you would call your card company to dispute the charge and tell the credit card company what happened - they will refund your money same day and that way you don't have to deal with the venue. I hope you find a new place for your reception. good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow girly Im so sorry... Is there anything in your contract that talks about canceling... there should be something that can be done. They cant honestly expect you to want your wedding to be there when there are construction workers and yellow tape all over the place.. Have you got to talk to them yet???? Good luck... keep us informed!!
    Congrats to all my fellow brides to be!!!!!! WERE ENGAGED!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    let the bridezilla come out this is a huge issue! get the money back! 
    - R&G - July 2, 2011
  • Options
    jj_5150jj_5150 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we are getting our deposit back today!!! it was easier than i thought it was going to be. YAY :) it almost seemed like the lady was getting pissed at me, like it was my fault we wanted to cancell becuz of their fault of not having it done. Anyways we are booking the RAMADA that is right accross the street and I think we are getting a WAY better deal and I dont feel like we are getting riped off anymore :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out for the best.  I can't believe that you had to literally drive down to Greystone to speak to someone at first--that's crazy!  I'll be sure to remember that if I have any brides considering that venue in the future.

Good luck with the new venue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards