Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Need a creative way to ask for Home Improvement gift cards

Hello!
My fiancee and I are older (my first wedding, his second).  We do not need alot since we just combined two households.   We do need to upgrade the house though (paint, tear out the deck, water heater, etc).  Is there a creative way to ask for home improvement gift cards or cash without seeming rude?  Also, should I do a small gift registry as well?  Any ideas and suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks!

Re: Need a creative way to ask for Home Improvement gift cards

• Options
    The best solution is to just not have a registry or to only have a small one. When people ask you or your family, answer, "We/they don't really need anything in particular, but are saving up for home improvements."
  • Options
    As far as I know, you can also register at The Home Depot and those sorts of stores. Personally I'd have a small registry of things you need from Sears/Home Depot/etc and then if anyone asks, have your parents/WP spred the word that you're saving for home renovations. People will get the hint.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Options
    Sears registries are notoriously glitchy, and home depot requires you go to the physical store to access the registry list.  If you want to register for tools, etc. I'd go with a small list on amazon.  Also, don't forget outdoor items like hoses, flower boxes, rakes, etc.  Those add up quickly and when you need them you need them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jermey2012jermey2012 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_need-a-creative-way-to-ask-for-home-improvement-gift-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:6a07eeca-bd8f-4478-917b-274c9820709fPost:a972a18e-a479-4051-b5e3-81a78d474d13">Need a creative way to ask for Home Improvement gift cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! My fiancee and I are older (my first wedding, his second).  We do not need alot since we just combined two households.   We do need to upgrade the house though (paint, tear out the deck, water heater, etc).  Is there a creative way to ask for home improvement gift cards or cash without seeming rude?  Also, should I do a small gift registry as well?  Any ideas and suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks!
    Posted by dbockrath[/QUOTE]

Hi There. I hope I'm not too late in making a suggestion. Well one good idea to get the <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.squidoo.com/home-improvement-gifts">top home improvement gifts</a> is to add in your invitation that you would truly appreciate having home improvement gifts. I think this won't be a rude thing since at least the guests would know exactly what to get you guys.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards