Maryland
Options

Ocean City Wedding Venue's

Hi all! Im from the Philly boards. A friend of mine is planning on getting married on the beach in Ocean City. She has done research so far from home (Philly) and has decided on Seacrets right now. Does anyone have any experience on Seacrets? Any kind of experience at all, not just weddings even. What is your experience? Good or bad?

Do you have any other rec's for a place in Ocean City that you can get married on the beach and that is around $80/pp or lower? She isnt looking for anything major. A simple beach wedding with a fun reception. Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
11/11/11

*Make A Wish*

Re: Ocean City Wedding Venue's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Has she ever been to Seacrets before? It's really not what I would consider romantic at all. But perhaps that's because I've only been there for drinking/dancing. Would they have an area roped off for her? Because really Seacrets is pretty crowded in the summer every day of the week and for every hour that it's open, especially by the water. Unless they have a separate area completely away from the crowds, I would think that she runs the risk of having 1) Drunk people being loud and rowdy, 2) People in the water drinking and carrying on possibly near her ceremony, 3) Not an atmosphere that I would EVER bring my parents/grandparents to. If all of her guests are young and she doesn't mind the crowds, then it might work for her, but I can't imagine it. Before she makes a decision, I recommend that you guys plan a road trip to OC and hang out there on a Saturday and see what you think. It might be exactly what she's looking for, just NMS.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Kira - if she's never been to Seacrets, she may want to visit in person, and if possible, see it while a wedding is taking place.  The website doesn't portray it the way I have experienced it at all.  I've never been to a wedding there, so it's possible that they handle weddings differently (i.e. separate area).  If so, it might be fine.

But in general, it's sort of a skanky bar.  If you've seen the show Jersey Shore, the kind of bars they go to are like classier versions of Seacrets.  I can't imagine a wedding there, unless your entire guest list is young and into partying in a big way.  I would also be really hesitant to book catering through them without trying the food first (though that's true for anywhere).

Maybe your friend could do a beach ceremony (hire a local DOC to coordinate that), then dinner at a restaurant, which should be under $80 per person.  After that, people can change out of their wedding clothes and have an 'afterparty' and go bar-hopping in OC (and the older folks can go back to their hotel).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Smile1114Smile1114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the response girls! I know she is going to visit soon. I will tell her to check out this post as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Love Seacrets! Always have a great time everytime I go. If she's planning on getting married in the summer be prepared for it to be PACKED! They always have long lines and a lot of time during the summer it's "one in, one out" kind of deal.
  • Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boss has a condo in a building right next to seacrets, and his balcony overlooks the place. He has seen weddings there, and they just have a small section roped off for the wedding group. There is really nothing personal, special, etc. about the deal. Now if your friend enjoys having an audience, that could be a perfect fit for her. But if she would rather have even a smidge of privacy, Seacrets is not the way to go.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seacrets is expensive in general, so I cant imagine a wedding there being cheap.  I had some friends get have a reception at the GOlden Sands.  It was pretty nice.  One got married in a church and the other on the beach out front.
    My Planning Bio **Updated 7/26/11**
    126image 99image 25image 2image
    RSVP Date August 27
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_ocean-city-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:627Discussion:4ac28e92-192c-41a9-b061-a9f843d00a65Post:38dd5a2e-2d57-4005-800e-b0de9029160b">Re: Ocean City Wedding Venue's</a>:
    [QUOTE]My boss has a condo in a building right next to seacrets, and his balcony overlooks the place. He has seen weddings there, and they just have a small section roped off for the wedding group. <strong>There is really nothing personal, special, etc. about the dea</strong>l. Now if your friend enjoys having an audience, that could be a perfect fit for her. But if she would rather have even a smidge of privacy, Seacrets is not the way to go.
    Posted by LoveKiss[/QUOTE]

This.  I just don't see this location as an appropriate spot for a wedding.  Seacrets is an all day all night dance/drink fest.  It is not a place to get married.  If your friend wants to get married on the water their are plenty of other places in OC to look in to.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Seacrets is more of a bachelor/bachelorette party spot!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend who witnessed a wedding at Seacrets while she was hanging out in the water, in her bikini, doing shots.

The only word she really used to describe it was "Trashy"...not your typical wedding venue at all.

Great for bach parties for sure!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards