Wedding Party

Re: nm

• I'd ignore your FMIL. Sounds like she's just backpeddling. She probably thinks she somehow pressured you into picking her, and now she feels bad (likely because someone told her it was an awful thing to do).

You get to have who you want in your party.  And since it includes your FSIL, then treat her as you would the rest of your BM, and plan for her to be there.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Talk to your FSIL.  Tell her that her mother should have never said anything to her about being your BM and then ask her.  Tell her to take some time to think about it if she needs it.  Then tell your FMIL that you don't want to hear any more comments about your FSIL.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • You can also have your FI step in and tell his mother to knock it off.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Your FMIL sounds like she's trying to create drama.  I kind of get the vibe that maybe she's just trying to pull strings or she's mad at FSIL for some reason and wants to carry it out this way, but who knows.  

Bottom line, I would first tell FMIL that you want FSIL in your wedding - because it sounds like you do - and I would ask FSIL discreetly if there have been any issues between her and FMIL given what FMIL has been saying.
  • Do you ever make an attempt to hang out with your FSIL and get to know her? If not then it seems like your FMIL has a backwards way of trying to get a certain point across.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto on ignoring FMIL. I would even try to hang out with FSIL because, well, she is gonna be your SIL. Also, how cool of you to buy their dresses!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree to ignore her
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Do what makes you happy, if your FMIL isn't willing to tell you to your face she doesn't want her daughter in your wedding then that's just too bad. Do what you think is right. This isn't anyone else's wedding. Its YOURS. So if you want your FSIL in the wedding then that is your decision, no one else's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards