South Asian Weddings
Options

Seating/Table Arrangements

How are you ladies seating your guests? Or how did you seat them? Which tables did you use? Rounds? Squares? Rectangulars? Did you have FI's family and friends on one side and your family and friends on the other or were they all over the place?

Re: Seating/Table Arrangements

• Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Steph

We had only circle tables....and yes my husband's family sat on one side and mine on the otherside.

I wanted to do rectangle tables for immediately family but my parents veto'ed the idea.... I think rectangular tables are awesome and can make guests who are sitting there feel extra special.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Guess what.. FI's dad wants a seating chart so I will be starting this soon! Now I have to think of Table numbers too. Okay starting a new thread.

We are doing round tables. I don't know where the families will be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Mrs.BM- I want rectangular tables for my immediate and the guys immediate. This totally nailed it! 
    (Photo credit to : sapphiresandsaffron.blogspot.com)

@DFW- I can help you! 
  • Options
    temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We had round tables except for the head table.  We mixed people up, except for a few obvious groupings (like certain relatives were together), and that worked out pretty well.  DH's parents didn't come, but I would probably have seated them with my parents, since he wouldn't have had other relatives there.  I feel round tables promote more conversation when people don't know everyone.  With the head table and your family, it's different.
  • Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_seatingtable-arrangements?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:10b4735d-f424-4f8a-bba0-fe7ad3520d4bPost:ec870aeb-6b14-49d1-b3f9-7d47b923ed4a">Re: Seating/Table Arrangements</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Mrs.BM- I want rectangular tables for my immediate and the guys immediate. Posted by trueleo818[/QUOTE]

That pic is amazing...and is what I would've loved to have something very similar!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did round tables of 8 - 10 people each. Our families were on one side of the room while our friends and parents friends were on the other side. It worked out pretty evenly and without a lot of problems. We had my parents sit with my dad's family, my brother and his family with cousins and H's family at another table.  Then groups of friends who knew each other (college, work, mixed, etc.) were at individual tables.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    britishmibritishmi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@trueleo...where did u get that picture...just wanted a closer look at the center pieces

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_seatingtable-arrangements?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:10b4735d-f424-4f8a-bba0-fe7ad3520d4bPost:6cfac042-41da-4166-99f1-f1c620102156">Re: Seating/Table Arrangements</a>:
    [QUOTE]@trueleo...where did u get that picture...just wanted a closer look at the center pieces
    Posted by britishmi[/QUOTE]

<div><a href="http://sapphiresandsaffron.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-02-10T18%3A59%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=3" rel='nofollow'>http://sapphiresandsaffron.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-02-10T18%3A59%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=3</a></div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Btw, What about kids tables? Did any of you have one section for kids or did they sit w. parents?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_seatingtable-arrangements?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:10b4735d-f424-4f8a-bba0-fe7ad3520d4bPost:2abffe8f-a825-4989-8f88-9c9ef91ef357">Re: Seating/Table Arrangements</a>:
    [QUOTE]Btw, What about kids tables? Did any of you have one section for kids or did they sit w. parents?
    Posted by trueleo818[/QUOTE]

We seated children with their parents since the most of the kids that we had at the wedding were age 6 and under.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will have the older church kids or kids of a certain age at one table. The rest of the younger ones will be with their parents. I guess this way I can get the coloring/activity books I wanted together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing round tables of 10, splitting the room by her side/my side.

I think we are doing like tables 2-16 would be one family, and 17-3x would be the other side. Having even and odd numbers for each side of family would work too.
    Abhi
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is so perfect.  I just posted the below in the Jersey Board.  Would love any creative ideas you girls have used/will use: 

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone has used or plans to use a really unique reception floor plan.  My goal is to create a mix and match look with two different centerpieces on different types of tables so that guests are interested in looking here and there and exploring.  Currently, I have drawn up a floor plan with rectangular tables along the dance floor and rounds behind the rectangular tables. 
    I want to do something funkier yet -- but am fresh out of ideas.  Did you or will you have a unique reception layout?  Can you share with me?  I am at malvika dot malhotra at@ gmail. 

Would love to steal your ideas ;)  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards