Students

Hello!

Hi everyone!

I'm not so new to theknot (I have been digging around for a while), but I am new to this board. So I just wanted to introduce myself. I am in my fourth semester in college and I'm 19 (will be 20 in april). My fiance will be 22 in march, and we have set our date for june 15, 2011. We have been together for four years.  Yes, I am young, and I realize that most people don't take you seriously unless your older. If you have anything negative to say, keep it to yourself. I'm not some dumb, young, giggly girl and many people mistake me for being older because of my maturity level. But I just wanted to introduce myself.

We will be getting married on St. Pete Beach, Fl (quite possibly at the Grand Plaza).

Happy planning to everyone and GL!!

Re: Hello!

• Good morning, welcome and good luck with planning.  I don't mean to be negative but I would certainly refrain from posting my age and "i'm so mature" - that's what causes people not to take you seriously.  Act mature and people will think you are mature.  Act like a giggly girl and *tell* people you're mature and people will take you for a fool. 

GL with everything and welcome to the board.
  • yes welcome to the board and good luck with school.  What is your degree?

and I agree with S&K  it you don't want comments about your age don't post it.  No one here knows how old I am.  I could be very young or surprisingly old.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • edited February 2010
    Welcome to the board!  Good luck with all of your wedding plans.  I was engaged when I was 19 as well but I'll be 22 by the time we get hitched.  Everyone's maturity levels are different, but I can see from your post that you have probably gotten some grief for it.  Just relax and be yourself and don't worry so much about what others think!  This is your life and you make the decisions in it.  For me, all that really mattered was the opinions of our families on getting engaged so early (although FI was 22 and will be 25 when we get married).  Just be confident in your decisions and don't feel like you have to explain yourself to anyone!

PS - the nice thing is that our bios don't list age anymore, so know one will know any different how old you are ;) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Welcome to the board! So....what's your major?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Thanks everyone! I'm getting a bachelors in graphic design and I'm thinking about also getting an associates in printmaking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards