Canada-Vancouver
Options

August 2012 Ceremony in Tofino <3

My Fiance and I really want our wedding Ceremony to be in Tofino, British Columbia. We have been there many times but never to one of the fancy resorts or beautiful Lodges. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? Anything that has to do with how to go about booking, or anything that would matter when it comes to planning an outdoor beach ceremony would be helpful. Our "hope to be" wedding day will be on August 4th 2012 (not set in stone), first Saturday of August. I've only been to Tofino in May, but my fiance has been there in May, June and July. We've never experienced an outrageous amount of rain during any of our stays, so we arn't concerned about the weather. We know its windy and can be rainy during most months. I have my heart set on Mackenzie Beach or Middle Beach. I love the beauty of both beach and greenery. Any suggestions at all would be great!
                                                               Thank-you Muchly! :)

Re: August 2012 Ceremony in Tofino <3

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You won't have to worry about rain in Tofino in August. In fact, the last few years the city has be under severe water restrictions by that time of year. They have been really great about keeping things smooth for the tourists, but you may want to plan out some sort of backup plan in case you need to buy large amounts of bottled water. Also remember that there are strict fire regulations throughout BC during the summer, so don't plan on using any candles, etc for your ceremony.
  • Options
    elellingsonelellingson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you already booked a photographer? 
    I have a friend who is a wedding photographer based out of Chicago but works locally out of Vancouver, Seattle and Anchorage...she'd LOVE to shoot in Tofino, I think.
    http://www.erosephoto.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    I don't really have any suggestions, except to book really really early!  Everything fills up big time in July and August including hotels and camping, so pick your spot quickly.  Also, if you are looking at a fancy resort it will be pricey, but you probably already know that. : )

One suggestion would be to contact tourism tofino.... they are great for helping with accommodations so maybe they'd be great for wedding suggestions too?

http://www.tourismtofino.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have booked my wedding at Long beach lodge. They have been great so far!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The locals call August near the beach in Tofino and Ucluelet "Fogust" because that's when the fog rolls in and doesn't leave.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards