Michigan-Lansing

Reception Venues

I'm trying to find a venue that holds at least 250 and is reasonably priced... any ideas from experience?
222 image Yes
62 image No
9 image Holding RSVPs hostage

Re: Reception Venues

• kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

It really depends on what your budget is.  Reasonably priced can mean different amounts to different people.  There was another thread recently discussing venues that can hold large capacity, check it out here:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_recption-sites

• edited December 2011
    We're using the Lexington (used to be the Sheraton) over on Creyts Road. I've been ecstatic with them and their service. They are awesome. Of course everything wedding is expensive, but we're paying $35 per person for a chicken and prime rib buffet. $10 for children under 12. Of course, prices always change, but I thought that was pretty reasonable. As long as you meet their minimums for room rental, their is no room charge fee. They have packages available too if you want a chocolate fountain and other things like that. We went the more simple route.

You can email me at mgli2006knot@gmail.com if you have more questions. I highly recommend them. our guest list was 250, and we expect more like 210 plus the wedding party. They will fit nicely in the large room.
  • kellyg1015kellyg1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your willing to travel, Castle Farms in Charlivioux is a lot more affordable than you'd think.  PLUS you can bring in your own alcohol and cratering.
  • asd11483asd11483 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Perspective 2 in old town Lansing and Adeline Leigh out of Grand Rapids for catering.  P2 is a great space with loads of character and reasonably priced. Adeline Leigh is an amazing value and a pleasure to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure how far out of Lansing you want to go - we booked Lakeview in Lainsburg and it is amazing!  I would definitely check it out as it is very reasonable with price i.e. bar rates start at 12/pp and plated meals at 20/pp - which in addition to the overall site was a deciding factor for us.  www.lakeviewweddingandreceptions.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards