Texas-San Antonio

Events to Remember and la orilla del rio????

Hi to all!!! I need some help. I am a DC Bride getting married in San Antonio. I was going to book as my venue at La Orilla Del Rio Its on the river walk very nice. I wondered if anyone know of ANY hidden charges. How do they charge to put up the candles?? And MY biggest problem is Caterers. I am looking into Events to Remember. Does anyone have any comments on them?? PLEASE DO TELL. They seem cheap but cheap doesn’t always mean its great quality. How does there food taste ?? PLEASE HELP

Re: Events to Remember and la orilla del rio????

• DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved La Orilla, but there is a hidden catering charge from what I've heard. They charge an extra 10% on the food and beverage total. I heard this from another girl on the board a while back, and I don't have the slightest clue how they charge it or why it's not on their website. Definitely something to ask about. I also think you can supply your own alcohol as long as you have a licensed bartender serving it, but this could have changed since I've spoken to them. That could save you a ton.

As far as an Event to Remember, I don't know much about them, but the quote I got from them wasn't quite as low as I thought it would be. For a couple bucks more per person, but for some reason it comes out cheaper, we went with Absolutely Delicious Catering and their food was amazing at our tasting. Do you have a certain budget for catering? I've spoken to a handful of the approved caterers from La Orilla Ballroom, so maybe I could help you out.

Spice of Life has amazing reviews but prices start at about $18 per person.
    True Flavors seemed to think that $4000 wasn't enough to feed 130 people casual buffet style, so that might give a little insight into their prices.
    Heavenly Gourmet has a $10 per person menu and the food at that tasting was a lot better than I expected, I would recommend them if you are working with a budget. I've only read one bad review of them.
    Fresh Horizons Catering started at $18.95 per person for single entree buffet.
    Don Strange starts at like $100 per person :/
    The tasting for Columbia Culinery Team was great but the food was a little lackluster at my cousin's wedding, but this was in early 2009.
    Page Barteau was pretty pricey, about $5-6k for 130.
    Absolutely Everything was about the same.

Hope this helps!
    Also, check weddingwire and see if there are any reviews for An Event to Remember!
  • edited December 2011

When I spoke to the man about booking my wedding there he said it would be like one thousand plus catering but a friend of mine had her wedding there and she said they rake up prices and say well we spoke to you about these things. But I;m not too sure on what they do. Sorry wish I could help.
    Best of luck!

"I am my beloved's and my beloved's is mine" Song of Soloman 6:3 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I recently had my wedding at La Orilla Del Rio Ballroom, two weeks ago. There is certain cost you should know about. The venue was $1360. They do charge your caterers 10% food charge and 15% alcohol charge, depending on what you spend on both. You also have to pay for security, if you have alcohol. They provide the number for you, it was $35 hour. You also have to get a dance floor, since that is nto included. But all the chairs and tables are included. It can be inexpensive and expensive at the same time. I loved it, it was so beautiful. We are not from San Antonio either, so this was a great spot for family and friends to see the Riverwalk and downtown San Antonio. I will glad to give you some numbers or names of vendors, since I had to do things from out of town myself.
  • Hello! Well I'm planning a wedding there I really appreciate if you give me info on the vendors cause Idk how everything works.. Thank you so much you can email me plz selisa1980gmail.com Thank you again ;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards