Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Favorite Wedding Gift

I just had my first registry purchase (eek!), which got me wondering - what was your favorite tangible wedding gift? For engaged girls, what's your favorite registry item?
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Favorite Wedding Gift

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm jealous! I know my bridal shower invites went out last week so I have been stalking my registry!

My favorite item I'm registered for is the Dyson Animal. Right now we have 3 vacuums, each of them barely work and work best on different surfaces. I am so excited to have one vacuum that actually works well!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Calphalon pots and pans from my parents and knives from my MIL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Keurig! And down comforter...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rachel - I LOVE my Dyson Animal. It is the greatest vacuum ever. I had no idea what a cruddy job my old vacuum was doing until I vacuumed a few days later with the Animal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes my keurig! LRM and Amer got it for me! :) I love that thing to death lol
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm most excited for our dishes. We just did a nicer set of everyday dishes and skipped china. It'll be great to have them all match. Right now we're using 4 different sets from college mixed together.
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom got me the Michael Kors watch I've been stalking at Macys. It comes in today. I'm beyond excited!

FI and I didn't register anywhere- we're going for the help pay for our honeymoon - since we live together and don't really need anything new right now - plus we don't really have the room for it.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is going to sound really dumb, but I love my shower curtain- hahah!

I was also suuuper excited to get our dishes.  I've been using my mom's busted up hand-me-downs for so long, it was nice to have a new set taht was more my style.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We already have china (and never use it BTW), but I really wanted upgraded every day dishes.  We've been using this funky stoneware set I bought at Macy's over 5 years ago when we moved into our first apartment.  For the bridal shower, we registered for Lenox Tin Can Alley every day china.  It's by far my favorite gift, and I've already started to add to it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This is so nerdy... but I am most excited about the electric knife sharpener.  The one that Macy's has was very highly reviewed on my favorite cooking show ever, America's Test Kitchen.  If they told me to jump off of a bridge to make the best cake, I would.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my Dad got us a new car so I think Id have to say that!!!!

on the registry however, I think either crock pot or deep fryer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite is the cookware.  I had a collection of hand-me-down pots that sucked, so new stainless steel ones are awesome in comparison.  Some days, my wine fridge is my favorite because it's usually stocked and always cold  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_favorite-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:c167a3c6-88f8-41df-9cb5-88b769a8cd19Post:df0c1eef-0ed9-4a0d-93f1-fba281a521b5">Re: Favorite Wedding Gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite is the cookware.  I had a collection of hand-me-down pots that sucked, so new stainless steel ones are awesome in comparison.  Some days, <strong>my wine fridge is my favorite because it's usually stocked and always cold  :)
    </strong>Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

Ours is rarely stocked and almost never very cold. It kinda sucks :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a tie between my almost 600 dollar pots and pans that I'm OBSESED with, or my kitchen aid mixer 600 series. It's so pretty and I use it at least once a week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_favorite-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:c167a3c6-88f8-41df-9cb5-88b769a8cd19Post:86c8808c-bc30-45d8-bd55-8e97875b3645">Re: Favorite Wedding Gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]We already have china (and never use it BTW), but I really wanted upgraded every day dishes.  We've been using this funky stoneware set I bought at Macy's over 5 years ago when we moved into our first apartment. <font color="#800000"><strong> For the bridal shower, we registered for Lenox Tin Can Alley every day china.</strong></font>  It's by far my favorite gift, and I've already started to add to it.
    Posted by CMP82[/QUOTE]

We are registered for the same ones.  Which ones did you get?  We want the 4 degree.  We are also registered for china (I love it and will use it at every chance I can... come on Sunday family dinner!)  I love the pattern.  It is 8 settings of Lenox Opal Innocence and 8 settings of Lenox Opal Innocence stripe so I can play with them and mix them up!

Just an FYI as you are adding to your tin can alley.  There is a Lenox outlet/warehouse about an hour north in Cranbury, NJ (the town I am getting married).  They have amazing prices and the tin can alley is there.  We found fo many peices I never saw before there.  They have them a couple places "locally". <a href="http://www.lenox.com/stores/index.cfm?fuseaction=outlets">http://www.lenox.com/stores/index.cfm?fuseaction=outlets</a>
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are Lenox outlets in Langhorne PA and EHT NJ too  :)
  • Options
    DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently started Registry stalking myself since the shower invites went out before Easter.

I got super excited to see the first few things get "fullfilled" My mom bought me all the Rachel Ray pots, pans, caserole dishes, etc and I got them at Christmas so I was really excited about that! I'm not sure if I have a favorite on the registry yet but I am super excited that someone bought us the stemless wine glases I really wanted and I'm hoping someone buys us the Rowenta Pro Steam handheld Steambrush, cause I can't stand ironing so much that when a shirt is wrinkled I'm like oh well gues I'm not gonna wear that.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the Keurig (mom got it for me for xmas, saying that's not a gift for "us" [and thus shouldn't be for the shower/wedding] since FI doesn't drink coffee...)  (BTW, he uses just as much as I do for hot cocoa)

Left to get... really really really wanted to update our bedroom set, so the comforter set from Macys...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards