DC
Options

XP- Day of Coordinators- worth the money?

I am very new to this wedding planning process (and knot posting), but we have set a date for 10/29/11 in Frederick MD.  I am wondering how many people, who are not planning to or did not get married at venues who provided coordinators, hired someone for the wedding day to take care of a lot of the details and provide direction during the event? 

Was it worth it?

How much did it cost?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Re: XP- Day of Coordinators- worth the money?

• Options
    edited December 2011
     was worried about making sure everything we had planned from our DIY projects was setup right and at the end of the night everything would end up going home and not just sitting at the hotel or my parents would have to deal with it.

I ended up hiring Tabitha with Roberts and Company (robertseventplanning (dot) com) and she was great... I will say she was affordable (less than 700$) and to be honest- I didnt see my coordinator from the hotel much that night and also they had forwarned me that they leave after dinner is taken care of... If you have the money for it in your budget go for it.. it was well worth it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any recs since my DOC was part of the contract with my venue, but I can tell you that my DOC was what kept me sane the day of the wedding.  She took care of EVERYTHING for me - getting me snacks, drinks, getting the vendors set up, letting the guests know where to go when they arrived, getting last-minute payments and tips to vendors, directing the bridal party, keeping our gifts/cards secure, etc., etc.  I would definitely recommend one if you can fit it in your budget.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    Eric & JaimeeEric & Jaimee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutley worth it!!!  Atleast if you enjoy your sanity and would like a stress free wedding day!  I used Tiffany with Ribbon Box Events and I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about her.  She even handmade my invitations that were amazing!!!  Obviously that is far beyond day of coordinating... but I had to brag :)  I The day of our wedding, she made everything seamless... and took all of the stress out of it!  She had contacted all of the other vendors prior to the day and introduced herself as the point of contact so I didnt have to think about anything other than enjoying myself.  My favorite thing about Ribbon Box Events is how responsive they were throughout the whole process.  Just knowing I could reach out to them for advice along the way was a serious weight off of my shoulders.  Tiffany is actually from Frederick too... so she knows the area and vendors well and would be a good fit for you.  Check out her site at www.ribbonboxevents.com Good luck in planning!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue provides a day-of coordinator.
  • Options
    Rebeth11Rebeth11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of your suggestions and answers.  We met with a DOC this week, and she said all the right things.  I think we are going to hire one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards