Snarky Brides

I Quit!

My FI finally pointed out that I was putting so much effort in to fighting with my insurance company / my HR department about that stupid Chantix prescription to help me quit smoking... why didn't I just use that energy and try again? So I did.

Today is Day 7!

I never thought I could do it on my own but I seem to have found the right mindset. My office is stocked with gum, minty lifesavers, blow pops and jolly ranchers... I can't remember the last time I drank this much water... and I'm feeling AWESOME!

Thanks for all your support, ladies!

Re: I Quit!

• AWESOME!!!!!!  Congratulations....that's an amazing accomplishment and you should be terribly proud of yourself! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Aww Congratulations!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congrats! Gum and jolly ranchers helped me stop bitting my nails for the wedding!
    Anniversary
  • I know, I can't believe how great I feel already. I have been drinking a ton of water too, which 1) help with detox and 2) makes you feel good.

Imagine that - doing good things for your body makes you feel better. Mom was right after all!
  • I quit too! on Feb 12. good luck and congrats. :) ITS FREAKIN HARD! I know but hang in there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker ~be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
  • Congrats!!  It's amazing what a little anger and bitterness can get started:0)  Good luck!
  • Congrats!  I'm glad you have great support from your FI too. 
  • I quit 6.5 years ago. After doing the nicotine gum and failing,and just in general trying about a million times I finally did it.

I think I am the poster child for "if I can do it you can too". I was not one of those 5 cigarette a day smokers. I was a major smoker, and I did love smoking. I was able to quit when I realized I loved being alive a whole lot more!

A big congratulations! You can do this! 
  • congrats! keep up the good work. we are here for you if you feel the temptation...
  • Congrats! And don't forget to join the forums on BecomeAnEx!

• I'm attempting to quit with out help, too. My friend tried the patch and it didn't work and my mom tried the gum and it didn't work for her... so they went cold turkey and were both doing well. SO I went straight for the cold turkey route. It's been really hard so far.
    I tried the become an ex website and went to the forum and I really didn't like it.
    In the end.. I just really want a freaking cigarette. So every day is a struggle and it hasn't gotten any easier after almost a year.  It sucks and I hope it someday gets easier... and I hope things all go well for you, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards