Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Gift registries...

When/how long before your wedding and where did you or do you plan on registering for gifts? 

I feel clueless on when we should start doing te registry!

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Gift registries...

• Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married last October and I think we had registered by June.  We knew that we'd have to adjust some stuff as the seasonal stuff turned over but we were OK with that. We ended up registering at Target, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, as well as Macy's.  It hit multiple price points for people who wanted to spend a little or a lot and chances were good that most of our guests could find one of those stores near their home (guests were all over the place!).
  • Options
    schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that we did the majority of our registering in Feb for our Aug wedding...so that was about 6 months out.  We did Target, BBB and Sears (the hubs wanted some tools!)  As PP mentioned, we picked our places based on what was going to be close/ceonvenient for our guests.   Also, with Target & BBB, you have the ability to add stuff online, so we added the majority of stuff from the store, but added few things along the way online. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours about a month before our first shower.  Keep in mind that products may go in and out of stock, especially seasonal ones.
  • Options
    shameless_adshameless_ad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered in May for our October 2 wedding.  We registered at Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond and REI
    Bio - Updated 7/25/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited image 182 Attending image 96 Declined image 6 Not yet replied
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should have a registry set by the time people start finding out when your showers are.
  • Options
    laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Getting married in September, we started in May, our first shower was in the end of June. If you have birthdays/holidays coming up, you could start a registry. We didn't register for any seasonal items, and none of our items have been discontinued. You could start with basic kitchen items, those will have a small chance of being changed. Stay away from linens and towels for the time being, those are the items that get changed to most. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Intially I was thinking about setting ours up January-ish for our June wedding so about 6 months out like some of you have mentioned and after all the Christmas stuff is gone :)  Thanks ladies!!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Coming from someone that used to work in Merchandising at Target, I don't recommend registering more than 3-4 months ahead of time there. They change their assortment too frequently and half the stuff you register for will either be marked down on on clearance! Just a thought! We are getting married next June, so I'll probably register in April. I'm thinking Target, Macy's and Williams Sonoma!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards