Ohio-Northeast
Options

Choosing an Akron reception site- help!

hey fellow brides!! I am planning a wedding for next October and to my surprise many of the dates are already taken so I am feeling rushed to sign with a reception hall! At first I was between the Sheraton in Cuyahoga falls but it is way pricey and Quaker Square in Akron which is very unique !

Has anyone had their reception at either of these OR any place in Akron or even Cleveland (where I am originally from and where my church is closer to ) that they reccommend?? I don;t want to settle on a place.. I want to be in love with it! Thanks!!!!

Re: Choosing an Akron reception site- help!

• Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests? Are you looking to stay associated with a hotel or are you looking for a variety of options? Do you have price range ?  There are a TON of choices between Cleve and Akron so if you have a driving radius for guidance that would help too.   I have been working with Q.S. for my company’s Christmas party and we are liking the venue so far.  The party will be Dec. 5th so I can let you know then.  Both Q.S. and Sheraton are good choices in the Akron area.   
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just realized you are the same poster as the last one I commented on - sorry for the repeat info! LOL  I have a long list of Akron area venues if you want it - feel free to email me at angela.wish@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol yep same person!! we are invited about 160-175, probably depending on where we decide to have it. I actually wanted to stay away from hotels because I wanted somthing more unique but am realizing that with having alot of people coming from cleveland (and some out of towners), it would be nice to have a hotel close (if we don;t have the reception at one) so people don't have to drive after a night of partying!!  My price range is somewhat flexible..... I guess I would spend up to about 10,000 as long as everything was included (such as an open bar for atleast 4 hrs and everything else that usually comes such as setup and clean up, gratiuity, tax, and the fee to rent the hall)., I guess everything is up in the air right now, including if we want a catholic mass or not, so its hard to make a decision! thakns again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend Guy's Party Center in Akron - you can see my bio (link in sigggy) for details and a pics - good luck!
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If Cleve. area is still ok, the Belarusan American Community Center in Strongsville would fit the bill. Lots included for around $32/pp and it's BYOB. We had 175 guests and served beer & wine at our reception and the total reception cost was around $6k, IIRC? It's a hall that only does one party at a time (not a wedding mill style banquet center). The dance floor is huge and gorgeous! Staff is fantastic, food is excellent -- especially the lemon chicken. There are several hotels within 10 min drive and I'm sure that you'd be able to arrange a shuttle with wherever you block your rooms, if you want an option for guests to not worry about driving. I had my reception here, so if you'd like to see pics, let me know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TIFFIET82TIFFIET82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Guy's and they are nice. Stow Youth Baseball (SYB) is nice also. They let you bring your own alcohol which can be pricey. We went with Springlake Party Center in Lakemore. Get a Today's Bride for Akron/Canton. They have a long list of vendors in the area.Laughing
    Birthday
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would check out Chenoweth Country Club in Akron. It has a nice viw and the food is good. Plus they have a shuttle to local hotels.

I would also check out The Galaxy in Wadsworth. Again, good food and ambiance and there is a Holiday Inn adjacent.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding and reception at the Sheraton on the Cleveland Aiport property.  We thought the prices were really good as well and they include everything.

http://www.clevelandairportsheraton.com
  • Options
    heath04angelheath04angel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having ours at chenoweth and it is very beautiful and accomodate that many people.

i also really like guys...very affordable and very nice inside!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards