Iowa-Des Moines

DJ Reccomendations

I have one last big check to make for our upcoming wedding....and that is to find a DJ! Who did you all use for your DJ? Neither my fiance or I are big into "club style" dancing so we're really just looking for someone who is calm and will "keep it classy." The majority of our songs will be slow or semi-slow as our crowd is more into this style of dancing. 

Any suggestions are much appreciated! 

Re: DJ Reccomendations

• I would not recommend our DJ, but I would recommend Parms Porta Party.
  • We are using Steve's Mobile Music from Ames. My fiance went to college with him and knew of his experience with DJ'ing. He seemed to be willing to accomodate whatever you wished and made a point of saying it's YOUR day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used Musical Edge. They were great. They will play exactly what you want.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • We used A Special Event DJ. They were good. I'm sure whoever you use, you can talk to them and get more what you're looking for. Ours I really liked because they had an online event planning thing, where you go in and plug in what you want for your 1st dance, for cake cutting song, etc... so you can certainly put in exactly what you wanted!
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We used Steve's Mobile Music as well ... but didn't know him prior - totally thrilled with them and how well they communicated with us.  LOVED the photo booth as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards