Wedding Woes
Options

Grumble, grumble

This weekend better get better.

DH didn't turn off his alarm so at 451 I was awoken to a screaming radio and couldn't figure out how to turn it off.  6let woke up shortly after that and M2 was up at 515.  They've been banshees since then.  Usually it's snuggles and sesame street.  Today has been races and dancing.  It's 715!

Tomorrow will be better because I'm getting a massage.  Then DH promised treats at the best bakery in his home town.  What's everyone else into?

Oh and I have some sort of pimple/ingrown hair on the back of my head.  It hurts and stuff is coming out of it, but I can't see it.

Re: Grumble, grumble

• Options

You need a do-over.  :(

We're going to Boo at the Zoo tomorrow.  Which means I have to get DD2's hat made today.  At least everything else is done costume-wise.

No plans for Sunday.  I'm sure DH and I will do some xmas shopping at some point this weekend.

• Options
    I plan on sleeping the entire weekend. I've been waking up at 3:30 since I've been back. Not a good thing.
  • Options
    Nola- I hope in some awake hours we get to hear some stories and see some pics.  Please?
  • Options
    DH and DD are going out of town today through tomorrow morning.   I'm so excited to have the house to myself tonight.   I can't decide if I want to use that time to clean (it's so much easier when no one is around) or just watch a movie.   Maybe I can do both.
    Tomorrow, I hope to sleep in.   Then DH and DD come back, DD and I go to ballet, then it's OSU football and Game 3 of the World Series.  (GO TIGERS!)
    Sunday, I'm not sure, but my nephew's peewee football league is having their "Super Bowl" so if the weather's nice, we'll go to that.  
  • Options
    Tonight I have to do laundry and get some items for a costume party tomorrow.
    Tomorrow we're going to see my Gram and then go to a costume birthday party.
    Sunday H will be studying all day with a classmate so I plan on relaxing with the girlie and hopefully catching up on some sleep.

Exciting news is that at some point this weekend I will become an aunt. SIL is starting her induction tonight.
  • Options

I have a hard core case of vertigo going on today so I am hoping that it will be a quiet weekend. Nothing is planned other than I have to go out and get DH's anniversary present. I found a watch I know he will love and since it's our 5 year I don't mind dropping the ~$400 on it.

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." ~C.S. Lewis
  • Options
    today I have an appointment with the dildo cam to see if my latest cyst has resolved itself. (if not, there's a chance that I could be looking at another surgery. fun times.) after i get back to work, i need to write my self review for performance reviews. (*Barbie* saved the company over $1 million this year, and is an all around awesome employee. She deserves a promotion, a bonus, and extra vacation time...")

tomorrow is Zoo Boo, so that will be fun. I haven't even started Wolverine's costume, so if I finish it tonight, I will let her wear it. She's going to be a tiger. 

sunday - who knows? probably hang out at the house and clean/do chores. ILs finally scheduled their trip, and I have to plan Wolverine's birthday party, so will probably run some errands to prep for those, as well. 
  • Options
    I have a ton of stuff to do, obviously, because my period showed up early. Joy!

Today: Probably going to see Paranormal Activity with free passes we got when an emergency signal interrupted Atlas Shrugged. There was no actual emergency, but having those lights go off in the middle of a movie after this July? Creepy. 

Then I have to go buy some decorations for GayH's Halloween party. Tonight, I get together with him and do food shopping for the party. 

Tomorrow, I have to make coffin cookies for - you guessed it! - the party, and we have the Cathedral's 100th anniversary mass. 

Sunday we have regular mass, and then Sunday night is the party, which will be tons of fun. It's a fancy masquerade, so we'll all be in formal wear with masks instead of costumes. I love dressing up. 
  • Options
    Oh and today started badly. At 5am DD decided to wake up crying. I checked on her and was fine. I left the room and she kept at it. H went and got her and brought her into bed with us. she snuffled around a bit and got comfy. Then the cat decided it was a prime time to start meowing for attention.

I'm tired.
  • Options
    DH and I have to sit down this weekend and just figure stuff out.  We've just been out of control in our lives and it's starting to show.  I'm seeing the doctor on Tuesday to see about making going on an anti-anxiety drug and we're both going back into therapy.  I kind of feel like I'm going insane lately.  Life just isn't in a good situation right now and it's beginning to wear me down.  

Blah.  I'll get through it, but a good night's sleep w/out waking up in a panic attack would help.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_grumble-grumble-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:57a4dbb5-2c0e-4099-9b4d-df267d79dcc0Post:1a35f0e6-d0a4-44f0-aba2-670260d6ec2e">Re: Grumble, grumble</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and I have to sit down this weekend and just figure stuff out.  We've just been out of control in our lives and it's starting to show.  I'm seeing the doctor on Tuesday to see about making going on an anti-anxiety drug and we're both going back into therapy.  I kind of feel like I'm going insane lately.  Life just isn't in a good situation right now and it's beginning to wear me down.   Blah.  I'll get through it, but a good night's sleep w/out waking up in a panic attack would help.
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry.  I know that feeling all too well and I'm glad you're seeking help.  (((hugs)))
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_grumble-grumble-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:57a4dbb5-2c0e-4099-9b4d-df267d79dcc0Post:1a35f0e6-d0a4-44f0-aba2-670260d6ec2e">Re: Grumble, grumble</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and I have to sit down this weekend and just figure stuff out.  We've just been out of control in our lives and it's starting to show.  I'm seeing the doctor on Tuesday to see about making going on an anti-anxiety drug and we're both going back into therapy.  I kind of feel like I'm going insane lately.  Life just isn't in a good situation right now and it's beginning to wear me down.   Blah.  I'll get through it, but a good night's sleep w/out waking up in a panic attack would help.
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

**hugs**
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks.  I'm getting tired of bitching about it.   Both of us talked for a long time yesteday and don't really even know where to begin to put stuff back together.  We're both drinking way too much,we've quite eating healthy, exercising or taking care of basic things in life (let's just say no one comes to our house by invitation right now).  It's rather hard to just look at yourself and realize that you're being a bit fat failure in your life.  I"ve always been someone who could dust myself off, pick myself up and put into place a game plan to deal.  And for some reason, I just don't have the energy or willpower to do it this time.

I know it's stress, but obviously neither one of us is dealing with it.  I apparently have about a six month time limit on being "the strong one".  And whatever problems we did have before all of this started almost a year ago, while I never thought they were big ones and that we had a strong marriage, are huge now.  The silver lining we keep holding on to is that at least we're still talking and trying to figure things out and still want to do it together.

Yeah, all I've got is just a big old :( right now on my pity pot.  
  • Options
    Big hugs V.  You are incredibly smart and hard working and level headed.  I have no doubt that you can get through this in a healthy way once you put yourself to it.  You vent anyway you need to.
  • Options
    Big hugs V. You've got a plan, and I hae no doubt you will see it through.
  • Options
    ::hugs:: I know your pain right now. Today I have to take DS to get his blood drawn and I'm thinking we'll get dinner while we are out. Tomorrow we're going to the pumpkin patch. I made the mistake of telling DS this morning and that's all he'll talk about. My mom is going to come so DS is excited for that as well. Sunday I'm leaving for a NY work trip. All day flying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards